Windows 10: Microsoft Photo: How to hide DNG files in collections

Discus and support Microsoft Photo: How to hide DNG files in collections in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Program: Microsoft Photos OS: WIndows 10 Home Process: Exporting photos from Lightroom into the defaulted Pictures folder that comes with Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bve_egg, Jun 5, 2020.

1. bve_egg Win User

Microsoft Photo: How to hide DNG files in collections

Program: Microsoft Photos

Process:

• Exporting photos from Lightroom into the defaulted Pictures folder that comes with Windows. When I view the photo within these folders, I see just the .jpeg files and no .DNG files. This is good, this is what I want.
    • When I go into Microsoft Photos and into the same folder then .DNG files show up alongside the .JPeg. I only want to put the .JPEG photos into Albums. This should be a simple process . With the inclusive of the DNG files I have to go threw and make sure its the JPEG version and not DNG version.

Question:

• Where are the .DNG files coming from? Are they coming from Lightroom on the export? Why can't I see them in the folder I exported them to?
    • Is there an option in Microsoft Photos to not show.DNG files?

:)

bve_egg, Jun 5, 2020
  2. patrickt Win User

DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer

How can I get DNG files to open with Windows Photo Viewer?

patrickt, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Microsoft Photos doesn't show DNG and PSD files

"MS Photos" App doesn't shows DNG and PSD files. How can I fix it?

I installed a PSD CODEC and an a Adobe DNG Codec. After that, I can see imagens in formats JPG, TIF, CR2, DNG and PSD using "Windows Explorer" or "Windows Photo Viewer". Unfortunately, using "MS Photos" I can't see the DNG and PSD photo imagens.

JuniorBsb1, Jun 5, 2020
  4. aardvark Win User

aardvark, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photo: How to hide DNG files in collections - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo hide

2. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  3. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  4. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disable Photos app from opening DNG files -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Photos app from opening DNG files -: Hi, Is there any way you can set up Photos app not to open DNG files when viewing images? With my camera I shoot in RAW and then copy the RAW images to a Folder on my Windows 11 PC I then import these into Photoshop Elements, I then process the images and produce JPGS which I...
  6. Disable Photos app from opening DNG files -

Disable Photos app from opening DNG files -: Hi, Is there any way you can set up Photos app not to open DNG files when viewing images? With my camera I shoot in RAW and then copy the RAW images to a Folder on my Windows 11 PC I then import these into Photoshop Elements, I then process the images and produce JPGS which I...
  7. Photos in collection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in collection: I do not want my photos to go into the collection. I want it in my folders. This pisses me off. Correct it please, as I was fine downloading my photos into the folders just prior to downloading photos these last couple of times. How do I get them into my folder?...
  8. How to show or hide Collections button in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Collections button in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]This article will help you to show or hide the Collections button in the Microsoft Edge browser so that you can customize the toolbar as […] This article How to show or hide Collections button in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Opening dng files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening dng files: I'm unable to open folders containing dng files in Windows 10. The folder opens then closes straight away. Any ideas why or what I need to do? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-dng-files/13f5a631-a20b-4c82-9797-43823cca9ab4
  10. DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer

DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer: How can I get DNG files to open with Windows Photo Viewer? 57546