Windows 10: Microsoft Photo Not Opening

Discus and support Microsoft Photo Not Opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I've looked at all of the posts regarding the Photos app not working on Microsoft, and I've tried all of the options but my Photos app still isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SunnyLusins, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Microsoft Photo Not Opening

So I've looked at all of the posts regarding the Photos app not working on Microsoft, and I've tried all of the options but my Photos app still isn't working. I have Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.285), and this problem has been going on for well over a year. I've never necessarily needed the Photos app to work until now.

:)

SunnyLusins, Sep 18, 2018

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 18, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Microsoft Photo Not Opening

Microsoft Photos

Hi Catherine,

We would like to know more information about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried opening some of the pictures to a different computer?
    • Is there any error message when you open a picture?
    • Is it only happening with photos?

We also suggest that you reset Photos application by following these steps:

• Click Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings or Gear icon.
    • Go to System.
    • Click Apps & features then click Photos.
    • Select Advanced options then Reset.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Photo Not Opening

1. Microsoft Photo Not Opening - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo Opening

2. Microsoft Photos Not Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Not Opening: Hello, I currently have windows 10, and I've never had an issue with any Microsoft apps until recently I tried launching my photos on my PC and the app would not open, it would pop up but also close by itself and my photos wouldn't even show up in the start menu anymore...
  3. Microsoft Photos Not Opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Not Opening: Hello, I currently have windows 10, and I've never had an issue with any Microsoft apps until recently I tried launching my photos on my PC and the app would not open, it would pop up but also close by itself and my photos wouldn't even show up in the start menu anymore...
  4. Microsoft Photos Wont Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos Wont Open: I'm trying to trim a video using Microsoft Photos but it wont open. I've tried repairing and uninstalling the app but it still wont work.I keep getting this error code:Can someone help?...
  5. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  6. Microsoft Photos App will not open

Microsoft Photos App will not open: I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Photos, I have done the repair and reset, I have restarted the computer. When I try to open the app, or a photo that would use the app to open, it either does nothing at all or displays a blank photos screen. It is currently doing...
  7. Store and Microsoft Photos will not open

Store and Microsoft Photos will not open: I have tried all the tricks and still no luck. I am unable to open Photos App or even open the Microsoft Store since the last update. Please assist!...
  8. Video in Microsoft Photos not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video in Microsoft Photos not opening: I am fighting back tears. I created a video and all I had to add was a few more pictures to be done for my daughter's grad video. It will not open now. I keep getting an error stating that I have to come back and try to open later. It will NOT open. Can anyone please...
  9. Microsoft Photo won't open

Microsoft Photo won't open: Microsoft Photo won't open. I reset it, repaired it, then uninstalled and reinstalled it. It just won't open. I am using. Windows 10 and the updates are updated. Any ideas?...
  10. Can't open Microsoft Photos

Can't open Microsoft Photos: Not sure when this started exactly, but it was recently I'd say after the newest update...of course. Right? I click on Microsoft Photos and the little window opens up in the taskbar, but the large, normal window never opens. PNGs and JPEGs both won't open. Right-click on the...