Windows 10: Microsoft Photo persons tagging are grouped wrong

Discus and support Microsoft Photo persons tagging are grouped wrong in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem with tagging people in the microsoft photos app that comes with windows 10. The contacts work, adding names works fine, but some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Perbrethil, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Microsoft Photo persons tagging are grouped wrong

Hi I have a problem with tagging people in the microsoft photos app that comes with windows 10.

The contacts work, adding names works fine, but some "persons" have multiple different people in them.

is there a way to edit separate photos that i'm overlooking?

:)

Perbrethil, Mar 31, 2020

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Change photo tags for upload...not afterwards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to sort the photos by date in the saved location and check if it helps.

To do so, follow the below steps:

• Open the folder where the photos are saved.

• Click on View tab.

• Click Group by, then click Date.
    Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photo persons tagging are grouped wrong

Windows Photo - will it be updated to allow tagging faces?

I downloaded Photos today because it claimed to tag faces, but I find it works in only the most rudimentary way and from reading other forums in the community, it seems like I'm not missing some important how-to that could be user-error. I find that:

• the people tab does sort by people and lets me name groups and combine groups under the same name tag
    • it only tags one person per photograph
    • it doesn't allow me to tag additional people (eg by putting a box around a face and naming it)
    • it doesn't allow me to rename or refile mis-tagged images (has photos of my brothers under my sister's group)
    My question before I invest any further time into exploring what promised to be a helpful, time-saving tagging process, is:

Will this app be further developed to include options for tagging more than one person per photo and correcting incorrectly tagged photos? I have thousands of genealogical family photos, not to mention my own family collection and if this isn't going to
    work, I'll just uninstall and continue using my other software.

LynnDosch1, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photo persons tagging are grouped wrong

1. Microsoft Photo persons tagging are grouped wrong - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo persons

2. Export Person tags from Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export Person tags from Windows 10 Photos app: I put a few hours of work into this, hopefully its helpful to others. I wanted to be able to create a query against the Photos database to output the People it identified through face recognition and the names I assigned to those recognition groups. I could then use this as...
  3. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  4. Photo tags

Photo tags: Good day team I have an HP laptop with windows 10 Trying to change tags in photos After making changes the old tags return Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-tags/93dae9f7-df07-4b75-98cd-69ba1807e405
  5. changing person tag in photo app

changing person tag in photo app: I mistakenly used a photo and tagged it to a person, and want to change it. How do I do this inside the app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-person-tag-in-photo-app/a5e84934-88f3-4c48-b613-2d60b1b853d4
  6. Photo tags

Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  7. Microsoft photos tags only few photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photos tags only few photos: Hi all, I'm using onedrive in order to store my images 200gb. I saw that MS photos ver 2019.19041.20110.0 has people tagging feature, however after tagging people 6 people in a few images ~300 it stops. I tried to search for a solution uninstall from shell, install from shell...
  8. Photo Tagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  9. Tag info in Microsoft Photos

Tag info in Microsoft Photos: hello i have scanned a whole lot of photos as TIFFS created on a kodak scanner. i have then added tag attributes (principally the date of when the photo was taken) (note: not scanned) in windows 7. When i open them up in Microsoft Photos (windows ten), instead of sorting...
  10. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375