Windows 10: Microsoft Photo Viewer automatically applies yellow tint to photos

Discus and support Microsoft Photo Viewer automatically applies yellow tint to photos in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Photo Viewer applies a yellow filter to all images when I try to view them, if I'm skipping between photos quickly there's a short glimpse of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarveyAntrobus, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Microsoft Photo Viewer automatically applies yellow tint to photos

Microsoft Photo Viewer applies a yellow filter to all images when I try to view them, if I'm skipping between photos quickly there's a short glimpse of the normal photo before the filter is applied. This doesn't permennantly change the images however it makes it hard to see the quality of the photos. Unlike any previous issues I can find online it's only the photo that's yellowish not the background. I've tried to fix this by removing the colour profiles and restarting my pc however this didn't help.I'm currently using windows 10Thanks in advance,Harvey

:)

HarveyAntrobus, Jul 31, 2021
  2. arturo Win User

Photo Viewer Restore worked but now color washed out

Hi,

I just restored Windows Photo Viewer successfully. I had done this last July too, when I went from Windows 7 to 10. It worked just fine, but this time, the colors were all washed out in Photo Viewer.

I solved this by adjusting my color profile in Windows 10, and the Photo Viewer colors went back to normal.

Here is link to the fix Fix Windows Photo Viewer yellow tint background | OptimWise

arturo, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Replacement for photo viewer

I just use the Photos app for a quick view, otherwise I use Adobe Lightroom to view and edit photos.

Steve C, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Microsoft Photo Viewer automatically applies yellow tint to photos

Nokia Lumia 900 camera taking photos with a yellow tint

The Nokia Lumia 900 takes photos with a noticeable yellow tint. Reviews from Cnet support this claim. And when I take the same photos with my HTC HD7 and compare it with the Nokia Lumia 900, the Lumia does indeed take photos with a more yellow tint to it.

Question: How do I adjust the camera settings in my Lumia 900 so that it takes photos with less yellow in it?

Thanks!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Photo Viewer automatically applies yellow tint to photos

1. Microsoft Photo Viewer automatically applies yellow tint to photos - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo Viewer

2. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer: I use Windows Photo Viewer and recently it's shortcut in the taskbar disappeared,not sure but could be due to a recent windows update,when I open Photo Viewer from file explorer the shortcut doesn't appear in the taskbar,any way I can resolve this TIA Windows Version No 20H2...
  3. photo viewer

photo viewer: i cannot view photos from my mobile phone on photo viewer. system says photo viewer is not up to date. how do i update photo viewer on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewer/04e27057-ac4e-4af2-87c2-d32ca667a023
  4. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo viewer: Hi! This problem is listed as resolved in the forum, but the given solutions did not work for me. I have Photos the preferred MS app for this function selected as my default Photo Viewer and yet I cannot open .jpg files. Why doesn't the MS product work with Windows 10?...
  5. Yellow Tint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yellow Tint: Hi all I have a T470S Lenovo that I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Business onto. The screen has a slight yellow hue compared to my other T470. I've scoured the web for solutions and have: - Ensured Win 10 Night Light was off it was - Ensured Lenovo Vantage...
  6. Photo viewer

Photo viewer: hi my photo viewer isn't working on windowa 10 I have a Lenovo laptop and every picture I click a message comes up showing this (the app didn't start) and have tried several times and from different sources such as usb phone after connecting it dosent open any pictures....
  7. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: Hello again, I guess in my zealousness to remove the default apps, I must have also deleted the old photo viewer. I searched and everything I find says to download it from the store, my problem is that I also removed the store. Anyone know of a place to download the old...
  8. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer: Hi I recently upgraded my camera from a canon t6i to a canon 6d mk ii. Now that I upgraded I cannot view my .CR2 files (RAW) anymore. They would preview just fine with my old camera in raw or .cr2 form. Why can't I preview my new cameras .CR2 files (raw) now?? It completely...
  9. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: After a recent update I can no longer use the photo viewer, the tile does not respond and nothing happens when I pop my SD card in. I used it with no problems on windows 8.1. I have tried various settings using auto play to no avail. 25474
  10. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: One thing I really miss from Win 7 is the photo viewer. When I first used Win 10 it was an upgraded machine, so it was still there. Can you tell me, is it still included in the installation software? I would like to find out how to enable it, if it is. 105236