Windows 10: Microsoft Photo

Discus and support Microsoft Photo in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I log into the App Store and go to the download page for Microsoft Photo. When I click on the GET button, nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RobertEBonnell, May 3, 2021.

1. Microsoft Photo

I log into the App Store and go to the download page for Microsoft Photo. When I click on the GET button, nothing happens.

:)

RobertEBonnell, May 3, 2021

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 3, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Microsoft Photos

Hi Catherine,

We would like to know more information about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried opening some of the pictures to a different computer?
    • Is there any error message when you open a picture?
    • Is it only happening with photos?

We also suggest that you reset Photos application by following these steps:

• Click Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings or Gear icon.
    • Go to System.
    • Click Apps & features then click Photos.
    • Select Advanced options then Reset.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, May 3, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Microsoft Photo

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Microsoft Photo :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Photo

1. Microsoft Photo - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo

2. Microsoft photos not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft photos not working: I tried to uninstall by powershell, reinstall, Repair.. But it still cant open, appears only blackscreen and crash. Please help me solve this issue :I found out that everytime i try to open in there is an error:is it an applocker? How can I disable it?...
  3. Microsoft Photos are not working

Microsoft Photos are not working: I tried to uninstall by powershell, reinstall, Repair.. But it still cant open, appears only blackscreen and crash. Please help me solve this issue : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-are-not-working/6c2dab43-64ba-47dc-aed2-eff727f85633
  4. Microsoft Photo app issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photo app issue: When I made some minor editingcropping image in Photo app and click the "save a copy" button it used to open a dialog box to let me choose where I want to save my edited photo. But recently, the app automatically save the edited photo in the same folder and renamed itselfe.g...
  5. microsoft store , along with some basic apps like camera,alarms & clock, photos,..etc are...

microsoft store , along with some basic apps like camera,alarms & clock, photos,..etc are...: i have tried many methods, please don't repeat it .the metheds which i have tried are., Solved: Microsoft Store App missing in Windows 10 version 20H2 windows101tricks.complease help, if there anyother option than reseting the laptop....
  6. Downloading Microsoft Photo's App to Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading Microsoft Photo's App to Computer: The computer is running on Windows 10 and should have this already but it's not installed. I click on 'get' but nothing happens? I have also tried to log in to the other computer but it says my log in does not exist, although I am on this now. Bit confused. Please help?...
  7. Uploading photos for Microsoft Themes

Uploading photos for Microsoft Themes: Hi How do i upload my photos to Microsoft Themes so others could enjoy it too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-photos-for-microsoft-themes/22344285-59fa-4126-90e1-d6ce1c5a3d68
  8. Not able to use windows services like microsoft store, photos app, and all th features that...

Not able to use windows services like microsoft store, photos app, and all th features that...: I'm not able to open any application of windows like microsoft store, Netflix app, Photos app, notification panel, wifi panel, sound panel in windows 10. most of the apps provided by windows store are not opening. I tried to clear the cashe and restarted the system but...
  9. Microsoft Photos

Microsoft Photos: Hello, My Microsoft Photos app is no longer working on my Surface Pro. I have tried reinstalling but it is still not working. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos/02bfbc6e-9f07-4e47-ba89-40dbfdb68086
  10. MS Photos not working in an FE College, users don't have access to Microsoft Store.

MS Photos not working in an FE College, users don't have access to Microsoft Store.: I work as an IT Technician in a large College, however, we have, for the last couple of years, had an influx of users reporting that they're not able to open or use the Windows Photos App. As an organization with over 1500 deployed PC's, this is quite an issue... Me and...