Windows 10: Microsoft Photos 2020.20110.11001.0 - Missing import settings

Discus and support Microsoft Photos 2020.20110.11001.0 - Missing import settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't seem to find the import settings in the latest Photos app so I wonder if it was removed on purpose please? This is an older screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LeoK5, Dec 13, 2020.

1. LeoK5 Win User

Microsoft Photos 2020.20110.11001.0 - Missing import settings

I can't seem to find the import settings in the latest Photos app so I wonder if it was removed on purpose please?

This is an older screenshot borrowed from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app/ab2919f3-1d79-4c48-860a-cd33f42f59c4:

Microsoft Photos 2020.20110.11001.0 - Missing import settings 94430464-559d-41f4-8df7-1993b9c2b51b?upload=true.png

The current one:

Microsoft Photos 2020.20110.11001.0 - Missing import settings 5ed98a29-9bd1-415c-8536-652b6cb1e962?upload=true.jpg

Thanks!

:)

LeoK5, Dec 13, 2020

2. importing photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties as you are unable to import pictures from your iPhone to the PC using Photos app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)?
    • Which app/program are you using to import the photos?
    • Did you try different USB cable to connect the iPhone?
    • Does it happens on all the USB port on the PC?
    • Were you able to import photos before using Photos app on the PC?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps if you are using
    Photos app to import the pictures and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced
      option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a
      tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Reinstall the Photos app from Microsoft Store and check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 Photos - Importing from iPhone no longer sees previously imported photos.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

The Photos app in Windows 10 usually is able to distinguish the new photos and duplicates. This concern could be caused by incorrect settings or corrupted files. Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Reset Microsoft Store.

I would suggest you to reset Microsoft Store initially, and sign in to Store and check for latest updates related to Store. After installing the latest updates, you may try to import pictures.

Step 2: Uninstall Photos app via PowerShell and then install it.

If the Photos app causes an error, you can repair it using PowerShell.

• Click Start, type powershell, right-click Windows Powershell and choose
      Run as Administrator.

• Execute the following command and press
      Enter: Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

After uninstalling the Photos app, you may go to Store and re-install the application.

Additional Information: You may also go through the article provided by
    Andre Da Costa on importing your
    Photos in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photos 2020.20110.11001.0 - Missing import settings - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos 2020

2. Photos Default Import. How to Set it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Default Import. How to Set it?: How can I set Photos import window "Select;" to "items since last import" as the default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-default-import-how-to-set-it/5f00a442-4aaa-460a-8fce-ded90a126342
  3. How to choose import settings drive and monthly sorting on import in Microsoft Photos new...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to choose import settings drive and monthly sorting on import in Microsoft Photos new...: New update of Microsoft Photos does not give an option to change import settings. I want to import to a certain hard drive and I want my photos to be sorted monthly, it used to be so easy in the app. Does anyone know how to do this? Microsoft Photos 2020.20110.11001.0...
  4. Microsoft Photos 2020.20110.11001.0 setting to import by date/month/ye

Microsoft Photos 2020.20110.11001.0 setting to import by date/month/ye: Hi, I transferred photos from my iPhone 6s to my Win10 laptop today for the first time in about a month but the option to import by date/month/year is no longer visible to me. The photos are just dropped into my Photos directory. Any thoughts?? EditionWindows 10 Home...
  5. import photos setting

import photos setting: Importing photos setting changed on me. When importing photos to my pc it was creating a new dated folder and putting them into that. As of a couple days ago it quit creating the dated folder and started just dumping all new pictures in to one general place. I want my old...
  6. Microsoft photos import problem

Microsoft photos import problem: Hi, I have a problem that whenever I try to import a folder, it will add it, but when I click on it it will just say that there are no Photos videos or other folders which is just lie as there is over 500 photos/videos. It does it no matter where on the drive it is stored....
  7. imported photos missing

imported photos missing: I recently imported photos from my camera onto my laptop by inserting the SD memory card into the slot on the laptop. Once I confirmed that they had downloaded I created a folder for them and then deleted them off the memory card. However now I cannot find the photos...
  8. Lots of important settings missing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of important settings missing...: [ATTACH] Hello im new to reddit and im not sure if im posting in the right place but ive had problems with my computer where i couldnt toggle some settings it said they were locked by my org or sth of that sort. Eventually i gave up on those settings but recently more and...
  9. Importing photo setting for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photo setting for windows 10: Recently, I can not import my pictures from my camera . I m running windows 10 and wondering if some setting is preventing the import. When I connect my camera the window pops up but then freezes preventing me from choosing to import and then disappears. What is preventing me...
  10. Importing photo setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Importing photo setting: After a Windows update, when I import photos from my phone to my desktop, the import setting no longer gives me the option to delete from my devise my phone. I need this option. Why did it change? Windows updates keep messing things up!...