Windows 10: microsoft photos and store problem

Discus and support microsoft photos and store problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; MY MICROSOFT PHOTOS WAS WORKING SLOWLY AND SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING AND AUTOMATICALLY REMOVED FROM THE APPS ALTHOUGH VISIBLE IN START MENU BUT NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RamuPandit, Oct 28, 2020.

1. microsoft photos and store problem

MY MICROSOFT PHOTOS WAS WORKING SLOWLY AND SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING AND AUTOMATICALLY REMOVED FROM THE APPS ALTHOUGH VISIBLE IN START MENU BUT NOT OPENING

AND WHEN OPEN MICROSOFT STORE FOR HELP FIND THERE WAS AN INSTALL OPTION FOR PHOTOS AND WHEN I CLICK ON THE OPTION IT STUCK ON STARTING DOWNLOAD SINCE DAYS AND CAN'T EVEN RETRY THE OPTION.

SO PLEASE HELP TO SORT OUT THE PROBLEM SO THAT IT CAN DOWNLOAD SMOOTHELY AND CAN RUN PROPERLY WITHOUT CAUSING ANY ISSUE.

:)

RamuPandit, Oct 28, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Microsoft Store Problem

Hi,

There are times that you’ll encounter an error that the account doesn’t exist if the account name was misspelled. It can also be related to a conflict that has occurred with the Store app. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you check this
    article for the steps that you can use.

Also, here are the troubleshoot steps that you can follow to isolate if the issue is with the Store app:

• Check for
      connection problem
    • Check if you have the correct time and location settings. Go to Settings
      > Time & Language.
    • Reset Microsoft Store cache:
    • Press Windows + R keys to launch the run command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft and sign in.

We're just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Oct 28, 2020
  4. microsoft photos and store problem

Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

microsoft photos and store problem

1. microsoft photos and store problem - Similar Threads - microsoft photos store

2. Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.: I'm no techy person at all so any answers must be idiot proof; whenever I search for problems online the replies normally stump me at the first stage! 2 Questions - Firstly photos taken on iphone stopped appearing on my desktop automatically, but with some very random button...
  3. Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.: I'm no techy person at all so any answers must be idiot proof; whenever I search for problems online the replies normally stump me at the first stage! 2 Questions - Firstly photos taken on iphone stopped appearing on my desktop automatically, but with some very random button...
  4. Problems with photo's stored in Gallery and icloud photo's.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft photos problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos problem: Some jpegs open up normally, but within ~1-2 seconds, they black out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-problem/ccee40f7-8ebd-4631-9301-0e15c8ed2c77
  6. Microsoft photos problem

Microsoft photos problem: Some jpegs open up normally, but within ~1-2 seconds, they black out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-problem/ccee40f7-8ebd-4631-9301-0e15c8ed2c77
  7. Problems With Microsoft PHotos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems With Microsoft PHotos: Yesterday, after just turning my computer off, when trying to open a photo i noticed it was no longer opening with Microsoft Photos, so i went to the default apps intending to put it as the default photo viewer, but it was not in the list, [IMG] So then i went to the app...
  8. Microsoft Photos problem

Microsoft Photos problem: I've been using Microsoft Photos for a little over a year now and it has always worked great for me. I import photos from my Nikon D3400 onto my Alienware 17r5. Lately when I go to import I only get to the window where I have to check which photos I am importing. It lets me...
  9. Problem with Microsoft Photos

Problem with Microsoft Photos: Microsoft Photo app stopped working as a result of corrupted Windows 10 files. I subsequently performed a Windows 10 repair install. The app still would not run. The app was then removed using powershell, but when attempting to reinstall from the App store I get an error...
  10. Problems with microsoft photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with microsoft photos: I am having continued difficulties using Microsoft Photos in my new laptop. I have a large number of early images stored on a CD . I think they were original stored in 'Picasa' I cannot get this to download and I get the message 'no images found on your USB'. Similarly...