Windows 10: Microsoft Photos App crashes when I try to import a video

Discus and support Microsoft Photos App crashes when I try to import a video in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using the Photos app to import videos from my camera. The camera I'm using is a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. I've successfully imported many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C422, Apr 12, 2020.

1. C422 Win User

Microsoft Photos App crashes when I try to import a video

Hi, I've been using the Photos app to import videos from my camera. The camera I'm using is a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. I've successfully imported many videos before I use USB connection, but for some reason, there's this one video I need to import that doesn't work. Whenever I try to select the video, the app just freezes, my cursor shows an hourglass, and then the whole app just crashes. I've already tried terminating, repairing, resetting, using PowerShell admin, using command prompt admin, rebooting the computer, installing updates, anything you can think of. I think that the problem isn't with the Photos app itself, but maybe the video I'm trying to import. When I select the other videos I have, it works just fine. When I try to select this one video, everything goes wrong. Hopefully, someone can help explain to me how to fix this issue, or at least tell me what the issue is in the first place. Thanks!

:)

2. Nikhar_K Win User

"import" doesn't show up in Photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to import photos in the Photos App from your iPhone. Please let us know the details:

• Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • Were you able to import the photos earlier?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Import photos and videos from phone to PC
    and

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
    to import photos to your PC.

However, as you have mentioned that the app closes automatically, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 12, 2020
  3. abn505 Win User
    Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos App crashes when I try to import a video

Photos app not importing my photos from my camera

Hello Wendy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to import pictures from camera? Do you get any error message?
    • Does your camera gets detected by Windows when you connect it?

Let's try the steps below to import photos from camera to your PC.

• Connect a camera your PC.

• Open the Photos app.
    • Swipe up from the bottom edge.

(If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)

• Tap or click Import.

If you have problems or want to import from a DVD, see
      Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

• Tap or click the device you want to import from.

• The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import, or tap or click
      Select all.
    Also Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera driver may help us in getting this issue resolved.

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Camera driver in the list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Camera manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope it helps. Please let us know on the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos App crashes when I try to import a video

1. Microsoft Photos App crashes when I try to import a video - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos App

2. Photos App Closes When I Try to Edit Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Closes When I Try to Edit Video: Hi,I can open a video file in Photos App. However, when I try to cut the video, the aplication window simply closes. I have already uninstall Photos App and installed again, and the problem remains.I have already used Advanced Options at Aplications and Resources Redefine and...
  3. Photo app does not scroll when trying to import photos

Photo app does not scroll when trying to import photos: I can only see the first 10 photos. I want to be able to scroll down so that I can select photos to import. There is no scroll bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-does-not-scroll-when-trying-to-import/0fc08875-fa5f-4062-92e4-c17b3009ad17
  4. Photos app freezes when I try to change the import selection type when importing photos...

Photos app freezes when I try to change the import selection type when importing photos...: Over the last year or two I've occasionally had a problem when trying to import photos from both my iPhone and iPad to my Windows 10 laptop. The Photos app appears and loads all the photos on the device. No photos are selected so I go to the drop-down menu in the top...
  5. Photo Import Crashes When Trying To Find Last Import Media

Photo Import Crashes When Trying To Find Last Import Media: I'm not sure which recent update caused this but now almost every time I try set the Photos app to import the media based on "Items Last Imported", it hangs and crashes. I searched online and many people had a similar issue sometime ago that was fixed by uninstalling and...
  6. Videos not importing to Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not importing to Photos?: Hi guys, some help would be much appreciated with this! I somehow downloaded and recorded 60 gigs of videos on my phone and I need to keep it all but I've only got 2 gigs of storage left . I've been trying to transfer it all to my HP spectre x360 2018 (don't know if that...
  7. Photos App crashes when importing photos

Photos App crashes when importing photos: I recently got a new PC and when i am trying to import my photos from my Iphone Xs max, the app freezes to '3081 items found so far" and all i want are my photos on my pc. Can someone please help...
  8. Photos app crashing when importing from iPhone

Photos app crashing when importing from iPhone: When I use the "import from USB" function in the Microsoft Photos app to import from my iPhone, the photos are found and then the photos app invariably crashes. The conveyor belt animation plays until all the photos are found, and then freezes and the app stops responding....
  9. Video import format with Photos app

Video import format with Photos app: If I use the Windows 10 Photos app to import video from my camcorder, what file format will it use to store that import? Is the resulting file a digital format, such as WMV or MPG4, or does it save to some form of analog format? I don't want to edit the video file. I just...
  10. Microsoft Photos app not importing video

Microsoft Photos app not importing video: Could someone please help me with the video project feature in Photos? It will allow me to import photos into my project but no video clips. I am using .file type that it purportedly accepts (.avi) and have tried others as well. I have tried to do it from a file landed on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my laptop frozen when importing pictures from phone

2. looking for new photos freezes import

3. windows 10 photo app crashes

4. photos app crashes on windows 10