Windows 10: Microsoft Photos App Error "Something went wrong. Please try that again."

Discus and support Microsoft Photos App Error "Something went wrong. Please try that again." in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to perform "Save a photo" from an MP4 video using the Microsoft Photos built-in app. I'm getting this error: "Something went wrong. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZenRB, Jul 6, 2019.

1. ZenRB Win User

Microsoft Photos App Error "Something went wrong. Please try that again."

I'm trying to perform "Save a photo" from an MP4 video using the Microsoft Photos built-in app. I'm getting this error:

"Something went wrong. Please try that again."

There's a post with a solution in 2018 that had the same error message. The solution in that post didn't work for me. That post is locked, so I'm creating a new one.

My Microsoft Photos version is 2019.19041.1651.0, which should be the latest as of this writing. I tried Repair from App settings already. I also tried Reset. I also downloaded all updates from the Microsoft Store.

My Windows 10 version is 1803 (OS Build 17134.829).

:)

ZenRB, Jul 6, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Error with Microsoft Photos app with AppStore on Windows 10 PC

Hi Giovanni,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Share this information to assist you better.

-As you are facing issues with accessing photos in Photo app, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

-What is the exact and complete error message/code do you get when try to access Store and Photo app?

This issue might be due to corrupted system files.

Step 1: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: To check if there is any problem with the app, I suggest you to run Windows Store App troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos App Error "Something went wrong. Please try that again."

Microsoft Phot App

Hi PaBluOz,

Since the language on your PC is already set to Australian English, then I suggest that you reset your Microsoft Photos app. Note that the app's data will be deleted once you reset it.

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Locate and select Photos from the list of apps.
    3. Click Advanced options, then click Reset.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos App Error "Something went wrong. Please try that again."

1. Microsoft Photos App Error "Something went wrong. Please try that again." - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos App

2. Something went wrong, please try again with biometrics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong, please try again with biometrics: Hello,So, for some reason, every time I put my G401QC to sleep and come back and try to use biometrics, Windows gives me the error: "Something went wrong, please try again." I'm not too sure if it's a problem with the biometric device itself as it does work when I restart or...
  3. Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.: I tried and tried to reply and it won't let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oops-something-went-wrong-please-try-again/6ecaf5d6-ce53-451c-b139-744de3436611
  4. Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.

Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.: I tried and tried to reply and it won't let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oops-something-went-wrong-please-try-again/6ecaf5d6-ce53-451c-b139-744de3436611
  5. Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again: This message is in response to issues with this forum. I found no please to tag it to.When responding to an AnswerThe error message that I receive when responding to a Topic.Oops! Something went wrong. Please try againWhat's the matter, don't you like me anymore?bob...
  6. Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again

Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again: This message is in response to issues with this forum. I found no please to tag it to.When responding to an AnswerThe error message that I receive when responding to a Topic.Oops! Something went wrong. Please try againWhat's the matter, don't you like me anymore?bob...
  7. Windows Photos App: "Something Went Wrong. Please try again"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photos App: "Something Went Wrong. Please try again": I was just reading a locked thread from 2016 about how you get this dreaded message "Something went wrong. Please try again" while trying to "Choose lighting" on photos opened in Windows Photo apps. The solution they found then was to copy (or add) the source of your...
  8. Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again later Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again later Error: Hi When trying to save anything onto Companies One Drive, I get the message below. So instead I have to save the document to my pc and then copy and paste it into One Drive in order for it to save there. Any suggestions please? Happens with Word/Excel/Powerpoint....
  9. "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again."

"Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.": Hello, I am trying to reply to posts on the Microsoft Community and I am getting this error message: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again." I am not including any links in my posts, it is just giving me this error message when I attempt to reply to them. Any help...
  10. "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again."

"Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.": Hello, I am trying to reply to posts on the Microsoft Community and I am getting this error message: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again." I am not including any links in my posts, it is just giving me this error message when I attempt to reply to them. Any help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something went wrong please try again microsoft photo app

2. something went wrong photos app windows 10

3. something went wrong mocrosoft photos