Windows 10: Microsoft Photos app frequently hanging, failing. Anyone else experience this?

Discus and support Microsoft Photos app frequently hanging, failing. Anyone else experience this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Microsoft Photos app is frequently (every 2 or 3 times it opens a .jpg) hanging and failing to display the image, I close the app, blue circle spins... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedOrange7, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Microsoft Photos app frequently hanging, failing. Anyone else experience this?

Microsoft Photos app is frequently (every 2 or 3 times it opens a .jpg) hanging and failing to display the image, I close the app, blue circle spins for several seconds on the cursor, then the app resumes working, until next hang. Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried resetting the app, and then uninstalled the app completely, rebooted, and re-installed. Still happens. This has happened since May update.

Windows 10 Pro, v2004 (May 2020 update).

submitted by /u/RedOrange7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedOrange7, Sep 11, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Photos app update

New update for photos update available. Downloaded manually, went in ok first time. Working across all user accounts. Suggest for users with multiple user accounts to create a restore point first. If the update fails first time it can render the app broken for other user accounts based on past experience.

Scottyboy99, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos app frequently hanging, failing. Anyone else experience this?

Microsoft Phot App

Hi PaBluOz,

Since the language on your PC is already set to Australian English, then I suggest that you reset your Microsoft Photos app. Note that the app's data will be deleted once you reset it.

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Locate and select Photos from the list of apps.
    3. Click Advanced options, then click Reset.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos app frequently hanging, failing. Anyone else experience this?

1. Microsoft Photos app frequently hanging, failing. Anyone else experience this? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. Is the Security Update Failing for Anyone Else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Security Update Failing for Anyone Else?: I logged on this morning to see the notification for new updates so I checked and saw the 2024-01 Cumulative Update, NET Framework Update, and Security UpdateThe Cumulative and NET Framework updates installed without issue; however, the Security Update keeps failing, no...
  3. Is the Security Update Failing for Anyone Else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the Security Update Failing for Anyone Else?: I logged on this morning to see the notification for new updates so I checked and saw the 2024-01 Cumulative Update, NET Framework Update, and Security UpdateThe Cumulative and NET Framework updates installed without issue; however, the Security Update keeps failing, no...
  4. Is the Security Update Failing for Anyone Else?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unknow app? Anyone else got this??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknow app? Anyone else got this??: Hello there!Recently, I opened up my pc and found this new file/app being pinned for some reason. The app is called "Voice recorder" and it was recently downloaded. I assumed it was a Microsoft app yet after further looking the app doesn't load up nor can I uninstall it. I...
  6. Anyone else experience these bugs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else experience these bugs?: I get three frequent bugs with Windows 10. -Certain windows lag when I close them. The taskbar lags sometimes when it hides/unhides. -Sometimes a window will overlap the taskbar when maximized. I have to press the windows key to get it to show up again. -Taskbar icons will...
  7. Has anyone else experienced a bug in Microsoft Photos 2020.20070.10002.0

Has anyone else experienced a bug in Microsoft Photos 2020.20070.10002.0: I have folders full of photos from my game cameras. When I open a photo with Photos, there is no forward/back arrows, page up/down dont work. Sometimes it eventually starts working. Anyone else seeing this? Could it be because I have search indexer turned off? submitted by...
  8. Can no longer boot from anything else than windows - anyone else experience this?

Can no longer boot from anything else than windows - anyone else experience this?: I've been running Ubuntu as dual-boot for about a year now alongside Windows 10, and everything has been working wonderfully until today. Today, the machine booted directly into Windows 10 without giving me the option to boot Ubuntu instead. In my UEFI settings, the Ubuntu...
  9. Anyone else experience an abnormally large paging file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anyone else experience an abnormally large paging file?: For some time now I have noticed my performance in games aren't meeting my specifications. I was always blaming my CPU or GPU. But I think I finally found out what is causing the mediocre performance. Viewing MSI Afterburner I realized that my paging file while gaming...
  10. Skype App working for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype App working for anyone else?: My Skype App has not worked at all since install. It asks if it can use my cam and mic, then says it is having a problem and I should Try Again. I've reported it twice. Any known solution? 2903