Windows 10: Microsoft Photos app missing

Discus and support Microsoft Photos app missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, On our Windows 10 home computer my wife and I each have an account. Whereas I can run the Microsoft photos app, my wife cannot. On her account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tipshornal, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos app missing

Hi,

On our Windows 10 home computer my wife and I each have an account. Whereas I can run the Microsoft photos app, my wife cannot. On her account, when viewing 'apps & features' it does not exist. This is odd as the photos app must be a common app in the operating system. Appreciate any help in correcting this.

Thanks!

:)

Tipshornal, Jan 5, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jan 5, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 5, 2019
  4. airion Win User

Microsoft Photos app missing

Photo App Missing on Windows 10

I've seen several threads about installing a missing photo app. I've tried the suggestions listed on these threads to get the photo app back and nothing works. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

airion, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos app missing

1. Microsoft Photos app missing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  3. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  4. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi,I had to do a total reset of my laptop, and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list....
  5. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi,I had to do a total reset of my laptop, and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list....
  6. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Microsoft Photo Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo Missing Photos: My Microsoft Photo has randomly missing photos approximately 1/3. In there place is a grey box with what looks like a cloud in one corner, I did nothing that I know of to move these photos. How do I restore them to the photo site? Thanks for any help....
  8. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi, I had to do a total reset of my laptop and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list. I have done a search here and tried the troubleshooting...
  9. Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App

Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App: An entire album of photos is missing from my Microsoft photos app. My hard drive was rebooted inadvertently. I have been able to recover all other files, but now a full album of photos is missing from the app. Where can I go to retrieve the missing 385 photos?...
  10. Microsoft Photo app missing and Microsoft Store unable to launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photo app missing and Microsoft Store unable to launch: I have 2 x Windows 10 system. Both recently unable to open any jpg file, error show "Package could not be registered". I have done the below steps but still can't find Photos installed. - run wsreset.exe - reset Microsoft Photo - re-registered Microsoft Photo via...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft photo missing