Windows 10: Microsoft Photos app not functioning.

Discus and support Microsoft Photos app not functioning. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the most recent updates on 16th July I am unable to open photos using the Microsoft Photos app. Its random some open some don't, one that opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Malcolm Randle, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Microsoft Photos app not functioning.

Since the most recent updates on 16th July I am unable to open photos using the Microsoft Photos app. Its random some open some don't, one that opens may not open the next time Its particularly annoying as I prefer the editing functions of this app to most others. I can open photos with other apps.

I have reported this before and received a reply with suggestion that I carried out repair procedure. I did this but it had no effect. I have heard nothing more although I replied with result.

:)

Malcolm Randle, Jul 20, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Re-install Windows 10 Photo Edit app "Warm" Function

Hi,

To better understand your concern about the app in Windows 10, please answer the following:

• Are you pertaining to the Photos app?
    • Did you lose the function after updating the app?
    If you lost the function after an update was installed on your computer, you can try the steps on this

page
    to restore from a system restore point. Doing this will revert your computer's state to when you haven't updated the system.

We also suggest you provide a feedback or suggestion
    here
    for Microsoft to look into your opinion about our products.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruz San, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos app not functioning.

Microsoft Phot App

Hi PaBluOz,

Since the language on your PC is already set to Australian English, then I suggest that you reset your Microsoft Photos app. Note that the app's data will be deleted once you reset it.

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Locate and select Photos from the list of apps.
    3. Click Advanced options, then click Reset.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos app not functioning.

1. Microsoft Photos app not functioning. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. NO MICROSOFT BASED APPS ARE FUNCTIONING.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO MICROSOFT BASED APPS ARE FUNCTIONING.: I am having trouble that suddenly all my Microsoft-based appsTeams, Store, News, WINDOWS-SEARCH stopped working. I tried tons of solutions that I got from this forum but none of them worked for me So, I decided to ask questions. My internet is fully functioning but all apps...
  3. NO MICROSOFT BASED APPS ARE FUNCTIONING.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    NO MICROSOFT BASED APPS ARE FUNCTIONING.: I am having trouble that suddenly all my Microsoft-based appsTeams, Store, News, WINDOWS-SEARCH stopped working. I tried tons of solutions that I got from this forum but none of them worked for me So, I decided to ask questions. My internet is fully functioning but all apps...
  4. NO MICROSOFT BASED APPS ARE FUNCTIONING.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app

The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app: when video editing, numerous tools will be displayed from a drop down tab on the right hand side of the screen. The split function used to be here, but no, that button has vanished from the toolbar. This has happened before to others, but this is my first time seeing this...
  6. Microsoft Photos, Groove Music and some other apps not functioning.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photos, Groove Music and some other apps not functioning.: So after i upgraded my laptop from 1809 to 1909. some of my Microsoft apps were missing such as Photos, Store, Groove, etc. After googling and trying all the answers suggested in the microsoft community it still didnt work. Later i thought an upgrade to 2004 might help but no...
  7. microsoft photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft photos app: What happened to the delete files after import option in photos app.? I noticed it missing April 10, 2020. It seems pretty dumb to remove it. Did you guys hire trump to do updates or something?...
  8. Microsoft photo app

Microsoft photo app: The photo app on my desktop computer does not show the file info information for each picture anymore. It used to show the date of the picture, camera used, etc. Now when I click on file information for a picture it clicks out of the app entirely. The same app on my laptop...
  9. Microsoft Photo App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo App: Hello, I just recently noticed that the Microsoft Photo App wasn't showing a lot of my photos. I went to Settings, Apps found the Photo app and clicked repair and it didn't do anything. I clicked it twice and with no luck. Then I clicked the reset option and it stated my...
  10. Microsoft Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos app: I cannot figure out how to use a new Photo app. I mean the program that has replaced Picture Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app/9a6adda9-d373-4f0c-88cd-9c9abdab45d4"