Windows 10: Microsoft Photos App Not Working Properly

Discus and support Microsoft Photos App Not Working Properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All/Anyone/Everyone; I am using Microsoft's Photos, you know the one that comes installed on a laptop...and it is having major issues. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Natural Born Curls, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos App Not Working Properly

Hello All/Anyone/Everyone;

I am using Microsoft's Photos, you know the one that comes installed on a laptop...and it is having major issues. When I connect a headset with a microphone, it doesn't recognize the headset and it doesn't record. When I try to use my laptop's microphone to record narration on a video, it works one time only. If I erase it and try to record narration again in the same video, it just stops working. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Natural Born Curls, Mar 5, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos App Not Working Properly

Windows 10 photo app?

Hi,

To properly address your concern, we suggest that you submit your feedback on how to improve the new version of Photos app through our Feedback Hub. Refer to the steps below:

• Go to Search or Cortana.
    • Type Windows Feedback.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos App Not Working Properly

1. Microsoft Photos App Not Working Properly - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos App

2. Microsoft photo app not working properly. Help needed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo app not working properly. Help needed.: It looks like my Microsoft Photos app was updated today and it now no longer works properly. If I use photo auto-enhance and then try and adjust photo settings the photos start turning purple!! I've tried doing a repair and this has had no effect. Anyone got any idea what's...
  3. Microsoft photo app not working properly. Help needed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photo app not working properly. Help needed.: It looks like my Microsoft Photos app was updated today and it now no longer works properly. If I use photo auto-enhance and then try and adjust photo settings the photos start turning purple!! I've tried doing a repair and this has had no effect. Anyone got any idea what's...
  4. Microsoft Photos Resize Image not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Resize Image not working properly: Good morning/evening,I'm having an issue with Microsoft Photos not showing the 3 selection options in Resize Image. It used to have 3 options to select from when I clicked on Resize Image, but now it only brings up "Pixels" or "Percentage" whenever I select the Resize Image....
  5. Photo and mail app not working properly

Photo and mail app not working properly: Aside from these two applications other windows apps are working fine but these two are keeps on closing. When trying to do emails it will close in the middle of the process, same goes with the photo app. I cant work on this 2. I tried repairing and resetting the app with no...
  6. Photo and mail app not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo and mail app not working properly: Aside from these two applications other windows apps are working fine but these two are keeps on closing. When trying to do emails it will close in the middle of the process, same goes with the photo app. I cant work on this 2. I tried repairing and resetting the app with no...
  7. Photos app not sorting photos properly

Photos app not sorting photos properly: My photos app seems to have a lot of trouble sorting RAWNikon NEF photos correctly by date taken. The files RAW & JPEG are all imported into folders by date taken, however when viewing them in the app, they are all over the place. The RAW files are not matched up with their...
  8. photos app not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app not working properly: After an update was installed my photos app is all wrong. The edit and trim functions are gone and the screen size is stuck at 40% larger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-working-properly/506abe4c-00de-470d-a310-117412f16875
  9. photos app not working properly

photos app not working properly: After an update was installed my photos app is all wrong. The edit and trim functions are gone and the screen size is stuck at 40% larger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-working-properly/506abe4c-00de-470d-a310-117412f16875
  10. MIcrosoft photos not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MIcrosoft photos not working properly: I had made a video using Microsoft video editor and now it's not able to play. The ones which I had made earlier are opening but the recent one is not. It's going on loading. So what should I do If I reset then my videos and my data will be lost?...