Windows 10: Microsoft Photos app not working

Discus and support Microsoft Photos app not working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The default app for photo viewing in Windows 10, PHOTOS, is not working. Ran the troubleshooter, and as directed, repaired as well as reset the app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AnkitaMandal92, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos app not working

The default app for photo viewing in Windows 10, PHOTOS, is not working. Ran the troubleshooter, and as directed, repaired as well as reset the app settings, but in vain. How do I fix this?

:)

AnkitaMandal92, Mar 22, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Microsoft "Photos" apps not working.

Hi,

Regarding your issue on photo app, we suggest to reset it and see if the issue will persist:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Select Apps and Features.
    • Highlight Photo app and select Advanced option.
    • Click Reset.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos app not working

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos app not working

1. Microsoft Photos app not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App: When I try to start the Photos app. the app window flashes on and immediately flashes back off. I have tried to re download the app with the same results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app/659e9505-5183-421e-a7a4-5aa892c6d155
  3. Microsoft Photos App

Microsoft Photos App: why does microsoft photos on windows 10 fail to find photos when cd is inserted with photos on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app/9e738432-c3ef-4dc5-a7b6-8e357cfe557e
  4. microsoft photo app not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft photo app not working: The Microsoft photo app won't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-not-working/155a0038-ebf3-45c6-86ce-83a3d7d5224d
  5. Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Photos App: Hello all. Regarding the Microsoft Photos App that comes installed on computers, is the music inside of that App Royalty-free? I've seen this question asked before and the answer is always, I"'ll get back to you." Please get back to me after you check with the...
  6. Microsoft Photos App Not Working Properly

Microsoft Photos App Not Working Properly: Hello All/Anyone/Everyone; I am using Microsoft's Photos, you know the one that comes installed on a laptop...and it is having major issues. When I connect a headset with a microphone, it doesn't recognize the headset and it doesn't record. When I try to use my laptop's...
  7. Microsoft Photos App

Microsoft Photos App: I created a favorites album while editing pictures with the Microsoft Photos App (win 10) but can not figure out how to save them in a folder in my picture files in my directory so I can use them in other apps or save to disks....
  8. Microsoft photos App not working

Microsoft photos App not working: I have tried all the Options mentioned below still Photos App is not Working Restore libraries to default Delete outdated registry keys Update the Photos app Run app troubleshooter Restore the Photos app Uninstall and Install Could you please help me with this?...
  9. Microsoft Photos App not working & can't reinstall

Microsoft Photos App not working & can't reinstall: My photos app was working fine then it suddenly refused to stay open. I tried using "repair" and "reset" but neither worked so I uninstalled it. Now I can not reinstall it. I get an error during the installation. I've reboot my computer. I signed out and back into the...
  10. Microsoft Photo App

Microsoft Photo App: I have been trying to open the microsoft photo app but it opens and is only a black screen before it crashes. ive tried everything uninstalled it using powershell and ccleaner and reinstalling it. it keeps crashing. when i reinstall it on the microsoft store it only shows a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i open my laptops photos app