Windows 10: Microsoft Photos app not working

Discus and support Microsoft Photos app not working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The default app for photo viewing in Windows 10, PHOTOS, is not working. Ran the troubleshooter, and as directed, repaired as well as reset the app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AnkitaMandal92, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos app not working

The default app for photo viewing in Windows 10, PHOTOS, is not working. Ran the troubleshooter, and as directed, repaired as well as reset the app settings, but in vain. How do I fix this?

:)

AnkitaMandal92, Mar 22, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Microsoft "Photos" apps not working.

Hi,

Regarding your issue on photo app, we suggest to reset it and see if the issue will persist:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Select Apps and Features.
    • Highlight Photo app and select Advanced option.
    • Click Reset.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos app not working

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos app not working

1. Microsoft Photos app not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. Microsoft Photos app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos app not working: If I try to open any photo or picture from file exploer it doesn't open properly. It opens Photos app, but gives me grey screen and nothing else screenshot below. First time it has happened was yesterday, but I thought it would be fine after I restart my laptop. Today same...
  3. Microsoft Photos app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app not working: If I try to open any photo or picture from file exploer it doesn't open properly. It opens Photos app, but gives me grey screen and nothing else screenshot below. First time it has happened was yesterday, but I thought it would be fine after I restart my laptop. Today same...
  4. Microsoft Photo App not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App not working: I have a Samsung Laptop, running Windows 10. This just happened today. I cannot open any photos in my Pictures folder. The thumbnails are all there, but when I click on one, a blank white page opens and the photo does not display.I am able to view my photos with no problem in...
  5. Microsoft Photo App not working

Microsoft Photo App not working: I have a Samsung Laptop, running Windows 10. This just happened today. I cannot open any photos in my Pictures folder. The thumbnails are all there, but when I click on one, a blank white page opens and the photo does not display.I am able to view my photos with no problem in...
  6. Microsoft Photos App not working

Microsoft Photos App not working: When opening a .jpg or any photo format, the Photos app loads up, is completely black and then closes before even showing a picture. When clicking right mouse button on the image and select edit with Photos, it works fine but this is not the correct way to open images, and...
  7. Microsoft Photos App not working

Microsoft Photos App not working: Hi. I have tried all the recommendations for fix the Photos app not working and it still crashes when I open it. I have uninstall and install it a few times, reset and repaired it and still no dice. Please help. Regards,...
  8. Microsoft Photos App Not Working

Microsoft Photos App Not Working: HI I started receiving the jpg not working message and my photos app stopped working I have followed advice given on here , resetting initially then uninstalling and reinstalling via PowerShell admin The app is back on my Start list but when I click on it nothing happens...
  9. microsoft photo app not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft photo app not working: The Microsoft photo app won't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-not-working/155a0038-ebf3-45c6-86ce-83a3d7d5224d
  10. Microsoft photos App not working

Microsoft photos App not working: I have tried all the Options mentioned below still Photos App is not Working Restore libraries to default Delete outdated registry keys Update the Photos app Run app troubleshooter Restore the Photos app Uninstall and Install Could you please help me with this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i open my laptops photos app