Windows 10: Microsoft Photos App - Rotation and Crop Bug since latest update.

Discus and support Microsoft Photos App - Rotation and Crop Bug since latest update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have noticed that when i rotate a photo, then select the crop function, the photo is showing as not rotated and have to rotate it again in the crop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JRSC01, Apr 16, 2021.

1. JRSC01 Win User

Microsoft Photos App - Rotation and Crop Bug since latest update.

I have noticed that when i rotate a photo, then select the crop function, the photo is showing as not rotated and have to rotate it again in the crop mode.

This never used to be the case and also now sometimes that the photo displayed after fixing the rotation and cropping, then saving it the original file will show a different picture altogether in the same folder, a few photos before.

Also, when using the crop mode, it will occasionally 'jump' to a zoomed in part of the picture and have to reset the mode then start again,

It is very frustrating and would request this to be fixed as soon as possible, it is a very important function and surprised it hasn't yet been done so.

:)

JRSC01, Apr 16, 2021

2. MS Photos default setting to Crop and Rotate

Hello Mark,

Currently, the easiest way to go to the Crop and Rotate option is by selecting the Edit option or by pressing the Ctrl + E shortcut. This is default by design.
    We recommend that you post your feedback and suggestion regarding the Photos App through Microsoft's Feedback Hub. To create some new feedback, you may follo0w the steps provided in this link.

Feel free to post your query should you need help.

Vanessa Oca, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos

I'm trying to create a slide-show of my holiday photos and wish to crop one or two photos.
    But my Crop & Rotate function in Photos (Windows 10) seems to be playing up.
    I want to crop the photo from the bottom up and NOWHERE else.
    However, when I drag the 'white arrows' upwards from the bottom of the photo the sides also come in which I don't want.
    There is also a grid view on the photo which never used to happen and I used to be able to crop a photo from the bottom or the top or the sides separately but now I can't crop one area of the photo without cropping another area, which, as I say, I don't want to do.
    Please help - see screenshot.

Wallace1297, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Microsoft Photos App - Rotation and Crop Bug since latest update.

Rotating photos while cropping

When I am cropping a photo in Windows Live Photo Gallery, I no longer [in Windows 10] see a button for Rotate Frame and cannot find a way to turn a vertical photo into a horizontal by cropping. Help!

MarkWieting, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Photos App - Rotation and Crop Bug since latest update.

1. Microsoft Photos App - Rotation and Crop Bug since latest update. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos App

2. Photo cropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo cropping: I cannot crop a picture of a firearm. I can crop every other photo but not that one. I've taken different pictures of it, down loaded it, everything I try: I cannot crop this photo of a firearm. Why?...
  3. Photo cropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo cropping: I cannot crop a picture of a firearm. I can crop every other photo but not that one. I've taken different pictures of it, down loaded it, everything I try: I cannot crop this photo of a firearm. Why?...
  4. Microsoft Photo's will not save the photo after cropping.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo's will not save the photo after cropping.: After cropping a photo it will not let me save the cropped photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-will-not-save-the-photo-after/b9fc3849-7720-4e16-9801-16532ae0db49
  5. Photos Crop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Crop: Something is wrong when I crop my photos. When I tried to crop a second time, it won't work. What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-crop/419ce4f4-8890-4faa-b9e4-f2b9ca7ee617
  6. photos cropping

in Windows 10 Customization
    photos cropping: Windows 10 Photos, editing - Crop Then "Save As" sometimes generates its own new file name, sometimes it allows me to specify a specific filename for the crop. How do I set it so it always expects me to generate the new file name? Example - I scan an entire page from a...
  7. Photos app - cropping is choppy

Photos app - cropping is choppy: This is a problem that I've had with my Windows 10 machine ever since I built it, even after I've changed motherboards and graphics cards, so I'm really stumped as to what's causing it. When I click on any photo to edit it in the default Windows 10 photos app, cropping the...
  8. Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos

Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos: I'm trying to create a slide-show of my holiday photos and wish to crop one or two photos. But my Crop & Rotate function in Photos (Windows 10) seems to be playing up. I want to crop the photo from the bottom up and NOWHERE else. However, when I drag the 'white arrows'...
  9. Are these bugs of the latest microsoft paint app?

Are these bugs of the latest microsoft paint app?: Dear everyone, With the lastest Windows 10 update, version 1903, the behavior of the paint app changes a little. 1. If you select a small area, e.g. 20 pixels by 20 pixels, and then try to move this area, the mouse cursor does not change to the...
  10. Photo cropping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo cropping: For years in W7 I have used Photofiltre for quick and simple cropping of photos etc. It was easy and without the drama and fanfare of Picasa and it didn't leave bits all over afterwards. I have just installed Photofiltre onto my new W10 pc and although it shows in my new...