Windows 10: Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow

Discus and support Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is Hem from Vadodara City, Gujarat State, India Country I wanted your guidance as you would be the lender of the last resort ! In my PC home &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HEMVAIDYA, Apr 28, 2022.

1. HEMVAIDYA Win User

Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow

This is Hem from Vadodara City, Gujarat State, India Country I wanted your guidance as you would be the lender of the last resort ! In my PC home & Office , Microsoft Photos app doesn’t work as expected, it takes around 25-30 seconds to open a single picture file which was not the case earlier may be prior to the Microsoft update I did all that was possible to trouble shoot including contacting Microsoft people who then re-installed the entire Windows but that could not even solve the problem. I have 8 GB RAM on my new branded PC in addition to SSD. Surprisingly

:)

HEMVAIDYA, Apr 28, 2022

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 28, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Photos app doesn't run.

Hi,

Incompatible software installed in your PC can conflict with Windows apps and cause performance issues. We can suggest several troubleshooting steps to isolate and resolve the issue. As an initial recommendation, you can run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    . This will identify the cause of the issue and provide you further suggestions for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall the Photos app and reinstall it by doing the steps below:

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box at the taksbar.
    • In the search results, right click on Windows PowerShell and
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Powershell prompt, type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
    • Press Enter.
    • Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the app from this
      link

Let us know if the suggestions above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 28, 2022
  4. Gino Des Win User

Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the methods below and check if it helps to fix the issue:

Method 1: Run Maintenance task.

The Run maintenance task checks for issues that might slow down your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting and click on
      Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Method 2: Turn off Automatically enhance my photos.

Automatic enhancements are not saved in the file and are only applied upon viewing the photo. Turning it off may help speed up the loading of photos. Here are the steps on how to turn off enhancements:

• Open Photos.
    • Click on the three dots on the upper right part of the app and click on
      Settings
    • Under Viewing and editing, turn off Automatically enhance my photos by moving the slider.
    • If you are not using OneDrive, you can also turn off Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos App

2. Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow: This is Hem from Vadodara City, Gujarat State, India Country I wanted your guidance as you would be the lender of the last resort ! In my PC home & Office , Microsoft Photos app doesn’t work as expected, it takes around 25-30 seconds to open a single picture file which was...
  3. Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow: This is Hem from Vadodara City, Gujarat State, India Country I wanted your guidance as you would be the lender of the last resort ! In my PC home & Office , Microsoft Photos app doesn’t work as expected, it takes around 25-30 seconds to open a single picture file which was...
  4. windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow

windows is realy slow at startup and runs apps slow: hello my gaming pc is being realy slow on startup and loud it started when i assembled it and booted i noticed it was super loud this was coused by my cpu fan and when i booted it was realy slow altho i had only 4 gb ddr 4 ram in it so i thought that was the case but now i...
  5. Photos App is Very Slow

Photos App is Very Slow: I don't know why, but sometimes the Photos app takes a few minutes to load. Why is it so slow? MsPaint never takes more than a couple seconds to load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-is-very-slow/54e33a97-7436-4ed7-b315-59a7edc788f4
  6. Slow Startup and running of apps

Slow Startup and running of apps: FYI, my laptop is Asus, cpu is intel core i7-6500u. I recently installed the KB4540673 update yesterday. My laptop was working fine for around 1 day but today, apps started crashing and it takes forever to open one. So, I thought it is because of the update because it...
  7. Photo app load time is slow

Photo app load time is slow: Every time I open a photo either on my desktop or in a folder it takes 30 seconds to one minute sometimes longer before I can view it, if I open in another viewer or even in paint is way faster, why is it taking so long to open, once I open and it does come into view I can...
  8. My usb transfer speeds are considerably slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My usb transfer speeds are considerably slow: I have tried updating my drivers but dont consider that. You can suggest a link to the drivers that might solve the problem. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 310-15Ikb...
  9. Photos app search is slow

Photos app search is slow: Does anyone find the native photo app slow when it build it search. I opened it yesterday and top right was search and a blue bar moving up very slowly. I know it’s building some kind of index and I have a couple thousand photos but on machine of my spec it seemed very slow....
  10. Windows: Common App Developer Design Considerations

in Windows 10 News
    Windows: Common App Developer Design Considerations: Dave Crawford, an experienced graphic design professional, has spent the last several years driving high quality design into some of the most popular Windows apps. In this episode of Inside Windows Platform, he reviews key themes that he leverages in his work, with actions...