Windows 10: Microsoft Photos app sort issue

Discus and support Microsoft Photos app sort issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on the latest versions of Windows 10 and the built-in Photos app which is fine for my photo viewing needs except with the following issue. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by msamuel8, Dec 31, 2020.

1. msamuel8 Win User

Microsoft Photos app sort issue

Hi,

I'm on the latest versions of Windows 10 and the built-in Photos app which is fine for my photo viewing needs except with the following issue.

I have several screenshots that I constantly take from long lecture videos as I watch (as notes for me) and these screenshots take incremental numbers attached to their filenames. Viewing them in Photos app come in descending order starting from the last screenshot (which represents the end of the lecture), which is not the correct order I want to view these. pictures/screenshots, because the correct behavior is the ascending, which correspond with the natural flow of the lecture videos. To my surprise, there's no way I can see to change my viewing options to become ascending, and if there's that option in the first place.

As a workaround, I tried opening the last screenshot of the series and go with the "left" arrow, but after jotting down things from any screenshot and pressing delete to move on to the next shot, the app moves right to the next photo in the series, which is a nuisance!

Any clue?

:)

msamuel8, Dec 31, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 31, 2020
  3. How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to sort your pictures in the way you want them. Kindly take note that the only options to sort your photos in Photo Gallery are the following:

• Date taken
    • Date modified
    • File size
    • Image size
    • Rating
    • Caption
    • File name
    Also I suggest follow the below steps.

Press ALT + W + K, one after other & check if the photos are shown in the order they were taken.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos app sort issue

How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Thanks for your response, but that doesn't seem to do anything in the Photos app I am running under Windows 10.

You mentioned Photo Gallery so I think you may be talking about a different application than the one I am using..

John

JohnFig_48, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos app sort issue

1. Microsoft Photos app sort issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. New Windows Photos app not sorting photos in the correct order.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows Photos app not sorting photos in the correct order.: I am using both one drive and apple photos, when viewing media the media does not respect the date taken order. I.E. I have a two pictures that were taken at the same time, separated by several pictures that were taken before or after. It is beyond belief that MS cannot even...
  3. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  4. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  5. Photos app not sorting photos properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app not sorting photos properly: My photos app seems to have a lot of trouble sorting RAWNikon NEF photos correctly by date taken. The files RAW & JPEG are all imported into folders by date taken, however when viewing them in the app, they are all over the place. The RAW files are not matched up with their...
  6. Photos app not sorting photos properly

Photos app not sorting photos properly: My photos app seems to have a lot of trouble sorting RAWNikon NEF photos correctly by date taken. The files RAW & JPEG are all imported into folders by date taken, however when viewing them in the app, they are all over the place. The RAW files are not matched up with their...
  7. Microsoft Photo app issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photo app issue: When I made some minor editingcropping image in Photo app and click the "save a copy" button it used to open a dialog box to let me choose where I want to save my edited photo. But recently, the app automatically save the edited photo in the same folder and renamed itselfe.g...
  8. Sorting photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting photos: I have just taken delivery of a new W10 pc and would appreciate advice on sorting my photos. In XP I could download a cameraful of photos and, without having to change their titles, I could click and drag them into any order, not just one dictated by Microsoft. For instance...
  9. All Apps sorting issue

All Apps sorting issue: Greetings all. I have a couple of persistent irritations with my Win10 Pro setup that I can find no remedy for. Posting on various MS forums in the past for other issues has generally only elicited a 'run sfc /scannow', followed by no further comment. So, I'm bypassing them...
  10. Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting issues + Windows Photo Viewer: Hi, I usually have both .jpg and .nef files on my SD cards when reading them into the pc. In win8, I could setup the folder to be sorted by file type, and then browse the .jpg files to check focus/colors. Now, when I group the folder into .jpg and .nef files and check the...