Windows 10: Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

Discus and support Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For a couple of hours, I have been editing images. I saved one, then opened another, cropped it and now I cannot save it. I close down the Photos app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisWatt1, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

For a couple of hours, I have been editing images. I saved one, then opened another, cropped it and now I cannot save it. I close down the Photos app and re-open it - same issue. I try opening an image I just edited and saved - I can no longer save changes to it.Look for fixes. Start with Repair - no change. Reset app - no change. Check for updates - none available. Restart - no change. ****?

:)

ChrisWatt1, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

editing photo using Microsoft Paint Photo Editor

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Paint?

• Have you tried saving the photos after editing?
    As a work around I suggest you to use Photo app for editing and check if the issue persist.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Automatic Update Made Photo Editing Not Work Correctly

This is NOT solved--just fixed.
    Microsoft ran an automated update a couple of days ago and now photo editing is not working the way it did previously. I shoot a lot of photos for a local news website and after editing, saved them with new names that help me sort--so, for example, football photos might be F1, f2, etc. After the update, when i edit a photo, it saves only as a copy of the original name (IMG4028, for example, so I get IMG4028(2). Only after I do that, do I get the "save as" option back, which means i either give up my naming convention or have two or more copies of everything.
    Any suggestions? The "save as" option does not appear in the first step anymore.

ADDED: It's the software that came bundled with the Windows 10 Edge computer--it's just the Photos app.

Thank you.

Pam Robinson, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

Windows 10 Mail App Save As Image

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download an image file.

• Enlarge the photo you want to download.
    • You will get a download option.
    • Or you can press Ctrl + S key and save.
    Or if you copy the file and want to save you can follow the steps provided below.

• Copy the file you want to download.
    • Goto Start page.
    • Type Paint.
    • Open Paint application.
    • Press Ctrl + V key.
    • And save the image file.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

1. Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing: This is a simple nitpick I had before there was an update that changed the program. Before the update, when I was finished with editing a photo, it saved automatically with a new file without overwriting the original file. For example, a file was be named "anonymous.jpg" and...
  3. Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing: This is a simple nitpick I had before there was an update that changed the program. Before the update, when I was finished with editing a photo, it saved automatically with a new file without overwriting the original file. For example, a file was be named "anonymous.jpg" and...
  4. Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.: For a couple of hours, I have been editing images. I saved one, then opened another, cropped it and now I cannot save it. I close down the Photos app and re-open it - same issue. I try opening an image I just edited and saved - I can no longer save changes to it.Look for...
  5. W 11 Photos app will not Save edits.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W 11 Photos app will not Save edits.: Repeated Repair and Reset has no effect. I would Uninstall and get fresh app from MS Store, but can find no button for installation. Must I Uninstall first to get that option? Or would I wind up with no app at all?!...
  6. W 11 Photos app will not Save edits.

W 11 Photos app will not Save edits.: Repeated Repair and Reset has no effect. I would Uninstall and get fresh app from MS Store, but can find no button for installation. Must I Uninstall first to get that option? Or would I wind up with no app at all?!...
  7. PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy"

PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy": Before the latest MS update, I used to be able to simply "SAVE" my edits in the PHOTOS app, so that my changes would be overwritten on the original photo when I chose. That option is suddenly no longer available to me grayed out, and after editing a photo, my only choice is...
  8. Saving Edited photos

Saving Edited photos: Sometimes, but not always when I edit a picture and go to save it, the program seems to stop, it spins and spins as if it is trying to save but never accomplishes it. What can I do to fix this? Jamie...
  9. Microsoft Photos refuses to save images

Microsoft Photos refuses to save images: Is there any information on why on earth Microsoft Photo randomly and with increasing frequency refuses to save images both as a new image, or even overwriting the existing, edited image. I appreciate, it's Microsoft, and it's 'free', but it shouldn't be beyond the company to...
  10. Microsoft Photos is not saving edits

Microsoft Photos is not saving edits: In photos if I make a crop that saves fine and opens in other programs and uploads online as cropped BUT color and exposure changes do not. It acts like it's saving but when opened in another program or uploaded it looks like nothing was done. When reopened in photos it shows...