Windows 10: Microsoft Photos App stopped working after latest 1/2/19 update.

Discus and support Microsoft Photos App stopped working after latest 1/2/19 update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am very frustrated with Windows 10 at this time. The Microsoft Photos App has stopped working after the latest so called "critical" update from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FWP#1, Jan 8, 2019.

1. FWP#1 Win User

Microsoft Photos App stopped working after latest 1/2/19 update.

I am very frustrated with Windows 10 at this time. The Microsoft Photos App has stopped working after the latest so called "critical" update from Microsoft. I have tried ever fix I have found on this forum. I have tried recovery. I have tried to reset the App. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the App but still the Photo App does not work. It show it is there in the start-up menu but when I click on it - it doesn't work. My husband needs this App for his business. I am angry and frustrated with Microsoft. They broke this and now we have to pay someone to fix it. Microsoft should be notifying us and fixing this problems. Is there another App from another company that anyone can recommend or if someone has a fix that really works, please post.

:)

FWP#1, Jan 8, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos App stopped working after latest 1/2/19 update.

Microsoft Photo doesn't work

After the latest update of windows, the app Microsoft Photo stopped working, it opens but shows a black window, I would like to reinstall it but I can't find the installer, any suggestions?

Matteo Vitturi, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos App stopped working after latest 1/2/19 update.

1. Microsoft Photos App stopped working after latest 1/2/19 update. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos App

2. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  3. Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update: Hi,on a brand new Windows 11 Pro install, after all applications are installed, latest Windows Update unfortunately still NOT on 22H2 ... waiting for do not know what, anytime I open Microsoft Photo it simply crashes and gets this error in event log.Please anyone can help?I...
  4. Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update: Hi,on a brand new Windows 11 Pro install, after all applications are installed, latest Windows Update unfortunately still NOT on 22H2 ... waiting for do not know what, anytime I open Microsoft Photo it simply crashes and gets this error in event log.Please anyone can help?I...
  5. Photos App Not Working After Latest Features update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos App Not Working After Latest Features update: The title says it all. I installed the latest feature update yesterday morning. Now, when I double click on a JPG image, I get a white screen and no image. I also tried to open the image by right clicking it and selecting "Edit with Photos." Again, the image doesn't open. Is...
  6. Photo enhance not working after Sept.19 update.

Photo enhance not working after Sept.19 update.: Hi All, just wondering if anybody else has had an issue with editing photos in the photo viewer? I can crop and adjust light levels manually but the auto enhance button and slider are not working... any ideas? Also since this update I have had to force a switch...
  7. Infrared not working (code 19) after latest windows10 August 2019 update

Infrared not working (code 19) after latest windows10 August 2019 update: My infrared has stopped working since installing the latest August 2019 Windows10 update. I see a code 19 when checking this device in the control panel. Please advise. Thank you.....
  8. lost access to all photos and downloads after microsoft 10 update on 2/24/19

lost access to all photos and downloads after microsoft 10 update on 2/24/19: after the most recent windows 10 update, I cannot access recent photos and downloads 2/24/19 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-access-to-all-photos-and-downloads-after/ad543078-90a2-4567-9f05-270b5f7e0345
  9. Microsoft Word Stopped Working after latest Windows Update!!

Microsoft Word Stopped Working after latest Windows Update!!: Hello everyone, I purchased my laptop in 2016. It runs Windows 10 and came with Microsoft Office Professional, including Word. I have NEVER had a problem with Microsoft Word until I did the Windows update last night (Oct 13) After the update, everything seemed fine until I...
  10. New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, microsoft photos app won't work: So I've had my new Dell computer for about two days. I tried to use the photo app today and it keeps crashing after about 3-5 minutes. I have done literally every step that has been recommended on various sites including this one. Nothing makes it work. I've done a repair...