Windows 10: Microsoft Photos App will not open

Discus and support Microsoft Photos App will not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Photos, I have done the repair and reset, I have restarted the computer. When I try to open the app, or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JennyMeetre, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Microsoft Photos App will not open

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Photos, I have done the repair and reset, I have restarted the computer. When I try to open the app, or a photo that would use the app to open, it either does nothing at all or displays a blank photos screen. It is currently doing nothing. Help!

:)

JennyMeetre, Apr 10, 2021

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 10, 2021
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Microsoft Photos App will not open

Photo app will not stay open in windows 10

Hi Caroline,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to reset the Windows Store cache and check.

Method 1:

Follow the step to reset the Windows Store cache.

• Press Windows Key + R key.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter Key.
    Your Windows Store cache will be reset. Check if the is resolved.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall photo app again.

Method 2:

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Photo app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-photos/9wzdncrfjbh4

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Photos App will not open

1. Microsoft Photos App will not open - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos App

2. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  3. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  4. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  6. Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos

Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos: I recieve pictures attached to emails frequently, and when I double-click to open them, more often than not, they do not open. It's the same situation if I'm browsing my photos in file explorer. I'm able to see the thumbnails of them, but when I double click them to open, the...
  7. Microsoft Photos App won't open

Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  8. Microsoft store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open

Microsoft store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open: Microsoft Store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open. I've tried everything. Literally everything from all the resets to the PowerShell yet nothing works and it stays greyed out. What do I do to fix this because it doesn't let me import anything from my phone and camera into...
  9. Microsoft Photos app opens randomly

Microsoft Photos app opens randomly: I have seen multiple posts regarding this issue, and have tried many of the solutions, but the app still opens randomly which is extremely annoying. Is there any fix from Microsoft for this issue? I have version 2019.18114.17710.0 on Windows 10. I have gone through so many...
  10. Photo App not opening...

Photo App not opening...: I have Windows 10 Pro and I just reseted my pc and now I can't open my photos with the Photo App, I click open and nothing happens... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app-not-opening/98776947-a3b1-41e2-9642-2f88926ccdb2