Windows 10: Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing

Discus and support Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Problem with Microsoft Photos App since upgrade to Win10-1809 Selecting add a folder does nothing on my desktop PC (It works on my laptop and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkNW4, Feb 20, 2019.

1. MarkNW4 Win User

Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing

Problem with Microsoft Photos App since upgrade to Win10-1809

Selecting add a folder does nothing on my desktop PC (It works on my laptop and I understand how it is supposed to function)

I have removed photos app and reloaded from Windows store - no difference

Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing f9a3763c-5b2c-4c2f-a3de-45f18952f672?upload=true.jpg

Sometimes rather than just do nothing I get a spinning wheel at the top of the app screen as in the picture below.

This carries on seemingly forever. I have left it for 15 minutes and nothing has happened

Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing f508bddc-2e26-4374-af19-a4c946b0420a?upload=true.jpg

:)

MarkNW4, Feb 20, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Why do my photos show up in the microsoft app but not in my pictures folder?

Hi Cindy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "microsoft app", are you referring to photos app?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check the source file for photos app and also copy the picture from external device.

Step 1: I recommend you check the source file settings in the photos app settings and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Settings on the bottom left corner of the Photos app.

4. Then check if under Sources, pictures directory is present or not.

Step 2: I suggest you to directly copy and paste the picture from the external device into the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue displaying pictures imported in the photos app into picture folder, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing

Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing

1. Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos App

2. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  3. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  4. In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken

In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken: Hello!So the description of the issue is simple as the title of thread: in Photos app I can't use the Add a folder option as it doesn't do anything when I try to click on it. Both from the main page and both from the Settings view it's useless... It was working properly...
  5. Clicking does nothing in Microsoft photos app

Clicking does nothing in Microsoft photos app: Clicking on any of the options does nothing. Clicking on the timeline does nothing, click-dragging also does nothing. Mouse is completely non functional in *this app alone*...
  6. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  7. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  8. ‘Get’ button on Microsoft store app does nothing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ‘Get’ button on Microsoft store app does nothing: I cannot download any new apps on the store on windows 10. I dont do it often but suddenly all out machines and various user accounts dotted across them cannot download any new apps. Click Get and nothing happens. We tried signing out store app and in, resetting store app etc...
  9. Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10): Just as it says above,nothing pops up when I click on the add button in bluetooth and other devices page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-bluetooth-or-other-device-button-in-bluetooth/af59695e-7ebd-4379-bb6c-ea58557848db
  10. Microsoft Store 'Get' button does nothing when signed in on Win 10

Microsoft Store 'Get' button does nothing when signed in on Win 10: Ive been trying to get an app (synapse for xbox) to no avail. Ive clicked on it and it doesnt even get to a DL or error. It does nothing. I thought it might be an addblocker or popup problem, so I even tried in Edge and got the same thing. I use Chrome as default. Ive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft photos app not adding new folders