Windows 10: Microsoft Photos app

Discus and support Microsoft Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,We would like to change the Mode settings for Microsoft Photos app to "Light" for almost 300 workstations. The apps settings shown in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andriy Zhychkovskyy, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Microsoft Photos app

Hi there,We would like to change the Mode settings for Microsoft Photos app to "Light" for almost 300 workstations. The apps settings shown in the picture below: Is it possible to do that via GPO? Couldn't find any information about automation of making changes to Microsoft apps setting.Please advice.Thanks you

:)

Andriy Zhychkovskyy, Jan 30, 2023

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Microsoft Phot App

Hi PaBluOz,

Since the language on your PC is already set to Australian English, then I suggest that you reset your Microsoft Photos app. Note that the app's data will be deleted once you reset it.

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Locate and select Photos from the list of apps.
    3. Click Advanced options, then click Reset.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Microsoft Photos app

windows photo app.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.

After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Mail app from the following link.

Get Microsoft Photos from the Microsoft Store

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Photos app

1. Microsoft Photos app - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. Microsoft Photo Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo Apps: My computer updated to windows 11, now my microsoft photos app won't. What are the steps to getting it to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-apps/b9b34d5f-2de5-483b-81ab-21519118810e
  3. Microsoft Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo App: I have a new computer with Windows 11 and am now using the photo editing app that comes with it. With Windows 10 I could click on the "i" icon and see the camera settings for the photo I was editing. How do I do that with Windows 11? I can't find the "i" icon. Thanks for your...
  4. Microsoft photo apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo apps: my kids play with my computer and probably mist up with Microsoft Photo Apps. In short when I want to view a picture in color, the apps show me the picture briefly in color then turn it immediately in black and white. I would like to reverse that but How?I was thinking that I...
  5. Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App: I am using the Photos App. It will recognize many faces, but when I open the Peoples-Tab, only few of them have visible icons. Many other icons stay empty. But when I click on them, a series of photos appears, with the same person on all of them. Why does Photos not show the...
  6. Microsoft Photo App

Microsoft Photo App: Is anyone having trouble with importing photos from an SD card? I have 3 computers and the program does not work on any computer. The last day I used it was Saturday December 12, 2020. Then Monday December 14, 2020 it did not work. Any answers?...
  7. microsoft photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft photos app: What happened to the delete files after import option in photos app.? I noticed it missing April 10, 2020. It seems pretty dumb to remove it. Did you guys hire trump to do updates or something?...
  8. Microsoft photo app

Microsoft photo app: The photo app on my desktop computer does not show the file info information for each picture anymore. It used to show the date of the picture, camera used, etc. Now when I click on file information for a picture it clicks out of the app entirely. The same app on my laptop...
  9. Microsoft Photo App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo App: Hello, I just recently noticed that the Microsoft Photo App wasn't showing a lot of my photos. I went to Settings, Apps found the Photo app and clicked repair and it didn't do anything. I clicked it twice and with no luck. Then I clicked the reset option and it stated my...
  10. Microsoft Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos app: I cannot figure out how to use a new Photo app. I mean the program that has replaced Picture Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app/9a6adda9-d373-4f0c-88cd-9c9abdab45d4"