Windows 10: Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy

Discus and support Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with"Save as" instead of "Saving a copy" If this cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinSCCMAdmin, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy

Hello,

I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with"Save as" instead of "Saving a copy"
    If this cannot be done, please explain why.

Thank you,

Kevin

1. Open video with Photos, Edit & Create > Trim

Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy b9df0cb6-e144-416c-ac41-9dd96d38147d?upload=true.png

2. Only option I get to save with is "Save as copy" how can I make this show "Save as"?

Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy 65259c21-2d24-4b73-b4d6-de65e5b3d8b7?upload=true.png

:)

KevinSCCMAdmin, Aug 1, 2020

2. Saving a copy of an edited picture in Photos

Hi Debby,

There are different possible causes as to why the "Save a Copy" feature you have been using in Photos app would stop working normally. This may be related to settings we need to correct or corrupted files. For us to resolve this concern, kindly follow the
    steps below to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• In the Windows search bar type in the word troubleshooting.
    • Once the results show up select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Choose Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the steps.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail App Save As Image

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download an image file.

• Enlarge the photo you want to download.
    • You will get a download option.
    • Or you can press Ctrl + S key and save.
    Or if you copy the file and want to save you can follow the steps provided below.

• Copy the file you want to download.
    • Goto Start page.
    • Type Paint.
    • Open Paint application.
    • Press Ctrl + V key.
    • And save the image file.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy

Photo editor saves copy which is partially hidden from documents

Hi DHsurrey,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you facing this issue only with Photo Editor 10 application?
    2. Are you directly opening Quick Access and clicking on Documents or opening Quick Access within the Photo Editor 10 application?

I suggest you to post a Screenshot,
    where the properties of the documents folder is showing as hidden.

Note: Please don't capture any personally identifiable information within the screenshot.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check.

Before trying the below methods, I suggest you to open the
    Photo Editor application > Select a photo > Click on All files above
    Open and check if you are able to see the photos.

Method 1:
    Resetting The Photo Editor 10 Application.

1. I suggest you to try resetting the Photo Editor 10 application by going to
      Settings > Apps > Search for Photo Editor 10.
    2. Click on Photo Editor 10 application > Click on
      Advanced options > Click on Reset.
    3. Please reproduce the issue after resetting the application.

If resetting the application doesn't help, then follow Method 2.

Method 2:
    Creating New User Account.

I suggest you to Create A New Administrator
    User Account
    and check if you are facing the same issue in the new user account.

Note: Your user data will be in
    C:\Users\YourUserName.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy

1. Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos Application

2. windows photo app save a copy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photo app save a copy.: Before when I edit photo using Windows photo app, after making changes and click save a copy, it will automatically save it with number at the end of file name example test1 to create a new file. Now if I click save a copy it will ask me like saving as, is there a way to have...
  3. windows photo app save a copy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photo app save a copy.: Before when I edit photo using Windows photo app, after making changes and click save a copy, it will automatically save it with number at the end of file name example test1 to create a new file. Now if I click save a copy it will ask me like saving as, is there a way to have...
  4. MICROSOFT EDGE SAVES MULTIPLE COPIES OF PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT EDGE SAVES MULTIPLE COPIES OF PHOTOS: I have observed that new Microsoft edge has a flaw which allows it to save multiple copies of the sanme photo say for example awindows 10 background is searched for in bing it will save only once in IE 11 and Firefox but thr same photo saves many times...
  5. PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy"

PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy": Before the latest MS update, I used to be able to simply "SAVE" my edits in the PHOTOS app, so that my changes would be overwritten on the original photo when I chose. That option is suddenly no longer available to me grayed out, and after editing a photo, my only choice is...
  6. The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy.......

The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy.......: ....to the folder of the original file. e.g. the memory card. I don't want to save it there but am given no choice. This has changed since the last Update. Previously when you went to save an edit to a photo, you were prompted to name the folder you wanted it saved to....
  7. Application "Photos" - only photo preview

Application "Photos" - only photo preview: Hello. If I have photo files and movies mixed in the folder or loosely on the desktop, the default application "Photos" shows me a preview not only of photos, but also screenshots of the first frames of the movies. How can I change the settings of this application so that it...
  8. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy: Open a movie file, click edit, trim, save, get annoying invalid and improper message: It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead. Checking the Internets doesn't seem to help. Setting owner in advanced tabs with silly...
  9. Application Photos Microsoft

Application Photos Microsoft: Bonjour, L'application Photos Microsoft, qui est une application par défaut sous Visionneuse de photos -> Photos pour Windows 10, ne fonctionne pas correctement: - L'écran Photos est noir et un message d'erreur s'affiche "Erreur du système de fichiers (-2147219196). J'ai...
  10. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy: Hi...having trouble with Microsoft Photos. I am running Windows 10. See screenshot for version/build. [ATTACH] I am trying to trim some video clips that I created and imported from my device to this computer with a usb drive. I can view the video clip in MS Photos and trim...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos microsoft wants save only a copy