Windows 10: Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types

Discus and support Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to favorite a .png file or .gif file but the Microsoft Photos app does not let me do that, is there anything i can do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jayneQL, Apr 28, 2019.

1. jayneQL Win User

Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types

I want to favorite a .png file or .gif file but the Microsoft Photos app does not let me do that, is there anything i can do?

:)

jayneQL, Apr 28, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Window 10 - My Favorites files

Hi Garyls,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Favorites got erased after the update. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favorites.

• Click This PC

• Type %userprofile%
      into the Address bar

• Press Enter on your keyboard

• Right click the Favorites folder

• Click Properties

• Click Previous Versions

• Wait for the list of previous versions to load

• Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders

• Click Restore.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types

how to add web sites to my favorites in Microsoft Edge

Hi Brooks,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add a Website to Favorites in Microsoft Edge:

• Open the Microsoft Edge app, and go to the website you want to add to favorites.
    • Press the Ctrl + D keys or click on the
      start
      icon (Add to Favorites) in the address bar.
    • Type a name you want for the favorite.
    • Do step 5 or step 6 below for what folder to add the website as a favorite to.
    • To Add Website as a Favorite to an Existing Folder in Favorites
      • Under Create in, select an existing folder, click/tap on
        Add
        , and go to step 7.
    • To Add Website as a Favorite to a New Folder in Favorites.
      • Under Create in, select an existing folder that you want to create the new folder in.
      • Click/tap on the Create new folder link.
      • Type in a name you want for the new folder, click/tap on
        Add
        , and go to step 7.
    • You will now see the start icon (Add to Favorites) turn yellow to indicate that the current website has been added to your Favorites.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

If you need any further assistance with Windows then let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types

1. Microsoft Photos can't favorite png or gif file types - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos can't

2. how to open .gif files in photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to open .gif files in photos: Unable to open .gif files which keep showing up in my Photos program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-gif-files-in-photos/f1d4a2e0-3e30-4e81-868d-2a1039951cd9
  3. how to open .gif files in photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open .gif files in photos: Unable to open .gif files which keep showing up in my Photos program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-gif-files-in-photos/f1d4a2e0-3e30-4e81-868d-2a1039951cd9
  4. Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif: I clearly remember that, I used to use the "Photos" App to convert .png to .gif by "Save as". However, in the latest version of it, I cannot do so. Is this just a bug, or is it designed to be so on purpose?...
  5. Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif

Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif: I clearly remember that, I used to use the "Photos" App to convert .png to .gif by "Save as". However, in the latest version of it, I cannot do so. Is this just a bug, or is it designed to be so on purpose?...
  6. I can't open a PNG photo !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open a PNG photo !: looked over info. here...many said to use the photos app., That does not work ! I see a blank square with a line running horizontally through it .Can anyone be of further help ?Thanks...
  7. I can't save images as png, jpeg, gif, etc, just all files or "Sketchbook Jpeg"

I can't save images as png, jpeg, gif, etc, just all files or "Sketchbook Jpeg": I can't figure out how this happened, but as of lately when I've been trying to save images from the internet I'm only give two options and not several as how I want to save an imagine, those two options being "Sketchbook Jpeg Image File" or "All Files". I'm sure this is...
  8. can't open png files

can't open png files: Hello! I've got a problem when opening png files. when I open it says "It looks like we don't support this file format" please help, I try all in internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-png-files/14eca5fd-8a4b-4d96-8670-7435e9159b65"
  9. "This file type can't be added to favorites" (for a .png image file) Windows 10 Photos App

"This file type can't be added to favorites" (for a .png image file) Windows 10 Photos App: I am trying to add .png image files to my favorites in the Windows 10 Photos App. I am able to click the heart and add .jpg image files to my favorites without problems. But when I try to click the heart to add one of the many .png image files to my favorites - from the...
  10. View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.

View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.: What is the best way to view a gif, png or jpeg file in WIndows. To render the image as it is with no artefacts belonging to the viewer? I just want to view the image (and the image alone), move it about the screen, close the view....