Windows 10: Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Discus and support Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Open a movie file, click edit, trim, save, get annoying invalid and improper message: It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TBLB, May 27, 2019.

1. TBLB Win User

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Open a movie file, click edit, trim, save, get annoying invalid and improper message: It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead.

Checking the Internets doesn't seem to help. Setting owner in advanced tabs with silly find now button. Setting full control. Copying the file to different drives and into documents and desktop locations. This problem persists and others are asking to but get no answers.

:)

2. raweb2020 Win User

I tried working on the file directly from my usb drive. I right clicked, chose open with Photos. Then I trimmed the video clip and clicked save a copy. I let me choose a destination. So I chose my usb drive, and then it came up with the same error message.

raweb2020, May 27, 2019
  3. raweb2020 Win User

Hi...having trouble with Microsoft Photos. I am running Windows 10. See screenshot for version/build.

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy 16378f20-da6c-4e7f-9309-99b4a667f73a?upload=true.png

I am trying to trim some video clips that I created and imported from my device to this computer with a usb drive. I can view the video clip in MS Photos and trim it, but I can't save it. I get this error message:

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy 60ee36ef-ceaa-4e1b-8d70-4818cf6a009f?upload=true.png

It is a new/refurbished computer, and I am the only account on the computer. I am logged in as Administrator. I can edit photos and crop them etc, and save them from photos. It just seems to be the videos that are giving me fits. Once I trim the clip, I
    click the Save As button on the upper right and try saving it as "newName" to my desktop (and have tried other folders) and I keep getting this same error message. Anyone have any help for this??

Thanks!

raweb2020, May 27, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo

Hello, I'm trying to trim a video using Microsoft Photo, I select the prtion I want to sabe using the start and end White dots, butr when I sabe it the trimmed video shows 0 KBs as shown below

Can somebody help? Can't figure out what the problem is as the process is pretty staight forward, and don't have many options, only a "Save Copy" button.

Thanks!!

AlejandroArregui-Salin, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos Can't

2. Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos: I use Movies & TV to play my videos and use the trim feature on their to make them shorter and save them so I can get rid of unnecessary space. The Trim is done through Microsoft Photos and up until a week ago it worked perfectly fine. Now when I trim the video to my liking...
  3. Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos: I use Movies & TV to play my videos and use the trim feature on their to make them shorter and save them so I can get rid of unnecessary space. The Trim is done through Microsoft Photos and up until a week ago it worked perfectly fine. Now when I trim the video to my liking...
  4. trimmed videos not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trimmed videos not saving: every time i try to trim MP.4 video, the error appears. Got enough space on storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trimmed-videos-not-saving/f7c0eff8-680b-444a-9790-15c829cf7e81
  5. trimmed videos not saving

trimmed videos not saving: every time i try to trim MP.4 video, the error appears. Got enough space on storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trimmed-videos-not-saving/f7c0eff8-680b-444a-9790-15c829cf7e81
  6. Can't save trimmed videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't save trimmed videos: Hi, whenever i'm trying to trim a video and then save it it says: you prolly don't have the permission to save changes in this file, how can i fix this? submitted by /u/Drajfuss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwp4y8/cant_save_trimmed_videos/
  7. Microsoft Photos Fails to Save Trimmed Video

Microsoft Photos Fails to Save Trimmed Video: Hello, I am attempting to use Microsoft Photos to trim some videos. I set the sliders to the portion of video I want, and I click "Save As." The video file name shows up in the folder I selected to save it in, and it starts to show an increasing file size, while the Photos...
  8. Can't save a trimmed video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't save a trimmed video: This bug has occurred for many others but I have not found a single working solution. I made an animation in Source Filmmaker that was saved as an .avi file. The file plays and works perfectly fine, its 18 seconds long. I am the only account on my PC and I'm an...
  9. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy: Hi...having trouble with Microsoft Photos. I am running Windows 10. See screenshot for version/build. [ATTACH] I am trying to trim some video clips that I created and imported from my device to this computer with a usb drive. I can view the video clip in MS Photos and trim...
  10. Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo: Hello, I'm trying to trim a video using Microsoft Photo, I select the prtion I want to sabe using the start and end White dots, butr when I sabe it the trimmed video shows 0 KBs as shown below Can somebody help? Can't figure out what the problem is as the process is pretty...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to save a copy of trimmed video in photos

2. windows trim save as copy

3. photos looks like you cant save a copy

4. problems saving video trimmed in Photos,
  5. microsoft photos not saving trimmed videos,
  6. photos doesnt save my trimmed video after i click save a copy,
  7. save as video as a copy in photos