Windows 10: Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK?

Discus and support Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using Microsoft Photos, is there a way to convert a photo from RGB to CMYK? If not, is there another Microsoft product that does that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarthaM4, Jun 11, 2019.

1. MarthaM4 Win User

Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK?

Using Microsoft Photos, is there a way to convert a photo from RGB to CMYK? If not, is there another Microsoft product that does that?

:)

MarthaM4, Jun 11, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Explorer: CMYK jpeg thumbnails in negative

Hi, fwiw, I converted a png screenshot to cmyk jpg using
    Online RGB to CMYK conversion

->

Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK? [​IMG]

- looks ok, except for a shade change

Photos is the default on this laptop.

dalchina, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Paultx Win User
    Explorer: CMYK jpeg thumbnails in negative

I thank you guys very much, but I do know the differences between RGB and CMYK. And I can easily convert images and some of their specs using IrfanView, CorelDRAW, Corel PHOTO-PAINT, paint.net, or GIMP.

The issue I'm trying to understand is why Windows shows CMYK jpeg/jpg thumbnails in negative. And, of course, how to fix it.

Paultx, Jun 11, 2019
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Photoshop Alternative 'Affinity Photo' Beta Now Available For Windows

1) RAW format -- does it handle - or is there a plugin
    Yup. Raw processing is part of the 'Develop' persona built-in.

2) Layers -- does it have decent Layering --if it's aimed at PROS it should do
    Yup, and non destructive adjustment layers.

3) CMYK handling
    Yup.
    RGB, RGB Hex, LAB, CMYK and Greyscale colour models.
    ICC colour management profiles and conversion.
    16-bits per channel modes for RGB/LAB/Greyscale spaces.
    16-bit versions of all filters included.

Feature List Here:
    Affinity Photo - Complete Feature List

ARC1020, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos convert

2. RGB colors issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RGB colors issue: I purchased Jetion mouse RGB. This mouse should be able to change colors and mix blue, green and red. My machine is changing colors normally when it is booting. When the system starts Windows 10 it stays red. When I don’t use computer, the screen soon turns off and the mouse...
  3. How to remove duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos?: I upload photos that are in Microsoft photos to a file on the hard drive. But I noticed that uploaded files are still kept in Microsoft photos. I don’t want to keep two identical versions in different places...
  4. Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos: I have been using microsoft photos for a cuple years to quickly and easily upload photos from my camera to my computer , once in microsoft photos i upload the photos to a file on my computers harddrive i created . I noticed the files still on microsoft photos and in my file i...
  5. Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing Photos from microsoft photo app: Hi I am having trouble to add photos to FB from Microsoft photo account. I can see my photos but when I want to add them on FB then I can not access photo app. How can I access my photos from uploading directly from Microsoft photo to Fb witout having to save it in another...
  6. Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos: How do I stop Photos from automatically opening photos I download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-microsoft-photos-from-opening-downloaded/104e1a16-92fb-4a3e-81a0-fc5f7b361cf9
  7. my mp4 to mp3 converter from microsoft store

my mp4 to mp3 converter from microsoft store: It works for some youtube links but not others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mp4-to-mp3-converter-from-microsoft-store/0b0f3f5b-7a26-4dee-b995-dd8fa53be951
  8. Photos from Microsoft

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Photos from Microsoft: I love the variety of photos from Microsoft that appear when I logon to my laptop--the ones from around the world where they ask if you like what you're seeing. But a few days ago, they stopped appearing. How can I get them back?...
  9. Photo app from Microsoft down

Photo app from Microsoft down: I got first a System error -2147219196 and after restoring via Microsoft information I got the stem error -2147219195. The Microsoft photo-app does nog work any longer....
  10. RGB case lighting & RGB strip not in sync?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RGB case lighting & RGB strip not in sync?: Bought a prefab custom PC that came with case lights and an RGB strip on the bottom of the case, along with a remote. Both sets of lights aren't in sync when I strobe, flash, etc. Other times, I need to hit the power-on button on the remote twice just to get one or the other...