Windows 10: Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK?

Discus and support Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using Microsoft Photos, is there a way to convert a photo from RGB to CMYK? If not, is there another Microsoft product that does that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarthaM4, Jun 11, 2019.

1. MarthaM4 Win User

Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK?

Using Microsoft Photos, is there a way to convert a photo from RGB to CMYK? If not, is there another Microsoft product that does that?

:)

MarthaM4, Jun 11, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Explorer: CMYK jpeg thumbnails in negative

Hi, fwiw, I converted a png screenshot to cmyk jpg using
    Online RGB to CMYK conversion

->

Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK? [​IMG]

- looks ok, except for a shade change

Photos is the default on this laptop.

dalchina, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Paultx Win User
    Explorer: CMYK jpeg thumbnails in negative

I thank you guys very much, but I do know the differences between RGB and CMYK. And I can easily convert images and some of their specs using IrfanView, CorelDRAW, Corel PHOTO-PAINT, paint.net, or GIMP.

The issue I'm trying to understand is why Windows shows CMYK jpeg/jpg thumbnails in negative. And, of course, how to fix it.

Paultx, Jun 11, 2019
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Photoshop Alternative 'Affinity Photo' Beta Now Available For Windows

1) RAW format -- does it handle - or is there a plugin
    Yup. Raw processing is part of the 'Develop' persona built-in.

2) Layers -- does it have decent Layering --if it's aimed at PROS it should do
    Yup, and non destructive adjustment layers.

3) CMYK handling
    Yup.
    RGB, RGB Hex, LAB, CMYK and Greyscale colour models.
    ICC colour management profiles and conversion.
    16-bits per channel modes for RGB/LAB/Greyscale spaces.
    16-bit versions of all filters included.

Feature List Here:
    Affinity Photo - Complete Feature List

ARC1020, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photos - convert from RGB to CMYK? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos convert

2. *BUG REPORT* Microsoft Photos App Turns CMYK Images Black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *BUG REPORT* Microsoft Photos App Turns CMYK Images Black: This is a recent problem I have discovered, and believe I have isolated the issue to viewing CMYK specific images inside Microsoft Photos app. I have been able to replicate this problem on multiple computers and laptops, so Im curious if others have had this problem or if...
  3. Microsoft Photo เปิดรูป .jpg ที่เป็น CMYK แล้วกลายเป็นภาพสีดำ

Microsoft Photo เปิดรูป .jpg ที่เป็น CMYK แล้วกลายเป็นภาพสีดำ: มีปัญหา คือใช้ Microsoft Photo เปิดรูปไฟล์ .jpg ที่เป็นไฟล์สีแบบ CMYK - ภาพจะโชว์เป็นภาพปกติให้ 1 วิ - แล้วมันจะปรับกลายเป็นภาพสีดำไปเลย กับภาพที่เป็น RGB จะไม่เป็น- ลองลงโปรแกรมMicrosoft Photo ใหม่ดูแล้วก็แก้ไม่หาย - สักเกตอาการคือเพิ่งเป็นหลัง update window...
  4. Converting or designing a Publisher document to CMYK

Converting or designing a Publisher document to CMYK: Windows 10 current, Publisher 365 also current. A leaflet designed in Publisher is by default RGB. Printing company prefers CMYK. I have looked for a means to design or convert to CMYK but what I have found seems to relate to older versions of Publisher. What I did find, but...
  5. Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file: So I have pictures that I took on my phone that i put on my desktop through the photos app, and I want to put it in a file, I've been trying to do it but I cant figure it out, can anyone help?...
  6. Converting photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting photos: Windows 10. I have edited photos in ViewNX that i want to upload onto a personalised calendar site. If I move them out of the Viewnx editing folders as emails or any upload they revert to the original image and lose the edit. When i open File and Convert Files which is how...
  7. RGB

in Windows 10 Customization
    RGB: I THINK WINDOWS SHOULD HAVE RGB!!!. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rgb/7eca33d0-4680-40c4-bd46-c0de61db6af7
  8. Change from ycbcr444 to full rgb?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change from ycbcr444 to full rgb?: With a previous install where i had the full AMD radeon suite this was an easy change and looked great switching as the greyed out looked dynamic black and whites with the switch. This time round installing the driver i have not got the suite just the driver so no option to...
  9. Converting Microsoft bootup photos to JPGs?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Converting Microsoft bootup photos to JPGs?: When I start my computer, it starts with one of a series of photos before I enter my password and it goes to the desktop. Where are these photos stored, what format are they in, and can they be converted to JPGs or some other common format?...
  10. Photos from Microsoft

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Photos from Microsoft: I love the variety of photos from Microsoft that appear when I logon to my laptop--the ones from around the world where they ask if you like what you're seeing. But a few days ago, they stopped appearing. How can I get them back?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to easily convert images from rgb to cmyk windows

2. convert rgb to cmyk microsoft