Microsoft Photos does not work - file system error -2147219196

Discus and support Microsoft Photos does not work - file system error -2147219196 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft Photos stopped working and started giving the above error message in the last week or so. I have installed all the updates. I have searched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PraiseAndPromises, Jul 21, 2018.

1. PraiseAndPromises Win User

Microsoft Photos stopped working and started giving the above error message in the last week or so. I have installed all the updates. I have searched on google and bing but nothing comes up for this error message.

I can view and/or modify my pictures in other apps including onedrive and adobe photoshop elements 15 photo editor. But I like Microsoft Photos for quick editing.

I wanted to reinstall, so I went to the window app store. It says I already own it. I noticed that there are many ratings that say it does not work any more.

what can I do to get it to work again?

Thank you.

:)

PraiseAndPromises, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Jamie Nyland Win User

File System Error (-2147219196).

I just started getting this error File System Error (-2147219196). when trying to open photos?

I've tried restarting and resetting the windows photo app but still isn't working.

How do I fix?

Jamie Nyland, Jul 21, 2018
  3. angryboar23 Win User
    File System Error (-2147219196) - Can't open photos and calculator.

I can't open any of my photos nor can I open my calculator. The message I receive is "File System Error (-2147219196)"

Thanks for help!

angryboar23, Jul 21, 2018
  4. NormanCNoah Win User

File System error (-2147219196)

When I try to open pictures, I get this error

Also Calculator will not open

NormanCNoah, Jul 21, 2018
  5. Rosemary Whitelaw New Member
    When I try to open pictures, I get this error
    Can anyone help?

Rosemary Whitelaw, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photos does not work - file system error -2147219196 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos does

2. Cannot activate Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Pack: Hi I have gone to reinstall FSX Acceleration onto my Windows 10 desktop after a clean install of Windows and I cannot activate it. Everything seems to install correctly but when I start up FSX I get an error message that FSX Acceleration could not be activated. I also get...
  3. Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge: I recently went to the browsing history in my Microsoft Edge browser, and there are some sites missing. I went to a site called savethechildren.com through a click thru button on a site called MyPoints so that I could get points for my donation on Saturday, I think it was,...
  4. Microsoft Sudoku set of games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sudoku set of games: when the ads start to appear on the sudoku set of games the games freeze and are unplayable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/microsoft-sudoku-set-of-games/ad65c3a1-1133-4fba-b192-ad6eda5c4aa0
  5. work around for removal of homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    work around for removal of homegroup: work around for removal of homegroup sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/work-around-for-removal-of-homegroup/215a2570-2ae5-4583-91a7-398c8ce0a994
  6. Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803): As the title says I have encountered this problem once I had to get this mandatory update. I did a rollback the previous build I had and the microphone (detachable microphone for headphones) was working fine. Nothing wrong with the cable and drivers are up to date. The...
  7. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  8. screensaver quits working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screensaver quits working: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 10. My screensaver quits working after a while, I get a black screen with message error caused your screensaver to stop working. Unable to fix. I have tried different things I know to do but nothing works. Help!...
  9. Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update: Hello, Been having an issue lately with Office 2013 VL on Windows 10 1709. To test, I just spun up a brand new VM, installed Windows 10 1709 and Office 2013. Both are activated and the 'Give me updates for other MS products... " is checked in Windows Update. I receive...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018: I updated to a new PC this summer. My old one was 32 bit and my new one is 64. I have the latest updates installed. Ever since changing over, the snooze feature does not work in the Calendar app. The reminder appears and if I snooze it for any length of time, it never shows...