Windows 10: Microsoft Photos doesn't allow me to "scroll" through pictures in a folder with the arrow...

Discus and support Microsoft Photos doesn't allow me to "scroll" through pictures in a folder with the arrow... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I open a picture in Photos and I can no longer move to next or previous photos with the arrow keys. The on-screen "buttons" that used to appear to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by none543654, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Microsoft Photos doesn't allow me to "scroll" through pictures in a folder with the arrow...

I open a picture in Photos and I can no longer move to next or previous photos with the arrow keys. The on-screen "buttons" that used to appear to the right and left of the image are no longer displayed. I tried all the suggested fixes here and they do not work: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/arrow-keys-not-working-in-microsoft-photos-app/29ce367f-4eb3-4a62-8f1a-22f5edbe79a5In addition I found that Photos won't I'm assuming this is the term index my folders I tell it to. I add a folder to Photos and it's empty. If I open the picture from the file exp

:)

none543654, Jun 7, 2021

2. WINDOWS 10 -- Photos App Why cant I use my arrow keys to scroll through photos in a folder?

I think I have found the cause for this problem. If the folder which the viewed photo is in isn't in the Folders section of the Photos App, I don't get any arrows and cannot browse through the pics. If I am viewing a picture in Pictures folder which is in
    the list of folders in Photos app, I can skim through them with arrow keys.

I really hope someone finds a solution to this. This started happening for me after an update.

Metin Evren Kurtuluş, Jun 7, 2021
  3. bro67 Win User
    No arrows in Photo preview ONLY in Google Drive folders

You do not need to add Google Drive to your Index. It actually slows down finding and loading photos. The arrows are because of your high resolution, not indexing.

There are keyboard shortcuts to go through photos. Left and Right arrows have always been the change to next or previous picture. 7 Keyboard Shortcuts for Photo Viewer If you can assign a mouse setting to scroll left or right, that can help. I use the Logitech M570 Trackball and it comes with two extra buttons that can be reassigned for picture scrolling.

bro67, Jun 7, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Microsoft Photos doesn't allow me to "scroll" through pictures in a folder with the arrow...

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Microsoft Photos doesn't allow me to "scroll" through pictures in a folder with the arrow... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Photos doesn't allow me to "scroll" through pictures in a folder with the arrow...

1. Microsoft Photos doesn't allow me to "scroll" through pictures in a folder with the arrow... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos doesn't

2. Microsoft 11 app no arrows to page through photos in a folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 11 app no arrows to page through photos in a folder...: Win 11 photo editor seems worse than what I had from previous Win versions.Among other things, the previous version allowed me to click an arrow to view/edit the next or previous picture in a folder. That seems to be gone. Also gone, seems that the aspect ratio of the crop...
  3. Microsoft 11 app no arrows to page through photos in a folder...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 11 app no arrows to page through photos in a folder...: Win 11 photo editor seems worse than what I had from previous Win versions.Among other things, the previous version allowed me to click an arrow to view/edit the next or previous picture in a folder. That seems to be gone. Also gone, seems that the aspect ratio of the crop...
  4. Windows Photo Viewer not allowing me to advance through photos in a file

Windows Photo Viewer not allowing me to advance through photos in a file: I have many folders on my computer with photos in them. With some of them, I can open the Windows photo viewer default app and "page through" them using the arrow keys. In other folders, I have lost this capability. I am not sure if it is a result of me renaming the photo...
  5. Windows Photo Viewer not allowing me to advance through photos in a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer not allowing me to advance through photos in a file: I have many folders on my computer with photos in them. With some of them, I can open the Windows photo viewer default app and "page through" them using the arrow keys. In other folders, I have lost this capability. I am not sure if it is a result of me renaming the photo...
  6. Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides: So i've seen this question posted a bunch on subreddits and even the official microsoft help pages and the answer is always just "lol use another app". This was literally working fine for me yesterday. submitted by /u/shmimshmam [link] [comments]...
  7. Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly: My cat jumped on my keyboard and ever since then my arrows are refusing to scroll normally. They jump through text box to text box. The text is boxed and that flashing indication for typing appears as if I could edit the text. I tried fixing the scroll lock but saw no...
  8. The Windows Photos app doesn't scroll through images in the same order that the folder is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Windows Photos app doesn't scroll through images in the same order that the folder is...: Tried googling but couldn't find a whole lot. Any fixes? submitted by /u/ThatSteemBloke [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7rktd/the_windows_photos_app_doesnt_scroll_through/
  9. The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What...

The scroll arrow in Microsoft Photo Viewer shows up only is SOME picture files. What...: I have lost the scroll arrow in a photo file but noticed it is still there in others. Currently, i need to close out of each photo and select the next by thumbnail. I have tried multiple fixes while researching this online. I have reset the app, I restored to an earlier date,...
  10. Scroll Pictures in Photo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll Pictures in Photo: I open photos the timeline appears on right side with arrows and dates. I cannot get the photos to scroll. Seems like it should be the way to view photos. I'm not interested in rewriting programs I just want to click and have the photos scroll....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to scroll through jpeg

2. microsoft photos cant move to next photo