Windows 10: Microsoft Photos download

Discus and support Microsoft Photos download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since a modification on 3/12/2020 to Microsoft Photos I'm no longer able to designate how photos will be downloaded. There used to be an option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BevMills52, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Microsoft Photos download

Since a modification on 3/12/2020 to Microsoft Photos I'm no longer able to designate how photos will be downloaded. There used to be an option to download by date, month etc which is now missing.

I was also unable to change which folder to download to, but following reset yesterday, it now downloads to the correct folder, but just dumps the photos there.

:)

BevMills52, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos

Hi JamesAderman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you referring to the pictures in Windows photos app??

If yes, you can proceed with the following steps.

You can exclude the pictures showing in the Downloads folder from the Microsoft Photos app, by following the below steps.

1. Launch the Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the ellipse icon >
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, click on
      X mark next to Downloads folder.
    Microsoft Photos app will not display the downloaded pictures.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Dec 9, 2020
  3. msgbdm Win User
    Downloading photos in Windows 10

Downloading from Panasonic digital camera.

I have followed the steps but "Import/Export photos doesn't appear in the dropdown list. Since this is the first time I am downloading into this computer with Windows 10 it was suggested that I need to load new drivers but I can't seem to find them.

msgbdm, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos download

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos download

1. Microsoft Photos download - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos download

2. Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download: Microsoft Photo not recognising for downloading only some JPG photos that are part of a sequence with no changes made. Reply is "Photos appears not to recognise this format". HELP...
  3. Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download: Microsoft Photo not recognising for downloading only some JPG photos that are part of a sequence with no changes made. Reply is "Photos appears not to recognise this format". HELP...
  4. Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft PHOTOS app will not download off of Microsoft website

Microsoft PHOTOS app will not download off of Microsoft website: Microsoft PHOTOS app will not download off of Microsoft website. Tried on two different accounts, main account says I own this app, blue install/open link does absolutely nothing.When I click the blue "Get" link, it also does absolutely nothing.I am completely up to date on...
  6. Downloading Microsoft Photo's App to Computer

Downloading Microsoft Photo's App to Computer: The computer is running on Windows 10 and should have this already but it's not installed. I click on 'get' but nothing happens? I have also tried to log in to the other computer but it says my log in does not exist, although I am on this now. Bit confused. Please help?...
  7. Downloading photos from USB onto Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading photos from USB onto Microsoft Photos: I have a USB stick with over 1750 photos on it that I would like to download into phot app, however Photos get up yo 1750 photos then just locks up, I can download phots onto picture folder , any suggestions Windows 10...
  8. How to download a photo from Microsoft photos on my PC

How to download a photo from Microsoft photos on my PC: I have downloaded my photos from my IPhone to my PC and they automatically go into the Microsoft Photos app. Now I would like to post some of the photos online and I cannot find where they are located on my computer. The Photos app does not show up. There is a folder for...
  9. Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos: How do I stop Photos from automatically opening photos I download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-microsoft-photos-from-opening-downloaded/104e1a16-92fb-4a3e-81a0-fc5f7b361cf9
  10. Microsoft Photos Offline download available?

Microsoft Photos Offline download available?: I'm looking for a Microsoft Photos offline installer. The app isn't available at the Microsoft Store for Business. Any idea were else I can get this?...