Windows 10: Microsoft.Photos.exe Virus?

Discus and support Microsoft.Photos.exe Virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When having a look at what's running on my system with Comodo KillSwitch, there's an "FLS.Unknown" process running under svchost.exe called... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Michael, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Michael Win User

Microsoft.Photos.exe Virus?

When having a look at what's running on my system with Comodo KillSwitch, there's an "FLS.Unknown" process running under svchost.exe called Microsoft.Photos.exe. I scanned it with VirusTotal and the results say it's clean. But when I try to run the file, I get this "Windows protected your PC" message:

Microsoft.Photos.exe Virus? [​IMG]

What could be going on here?

:)

Michael, Oct 7, 2015
  2. Tom_WC Win User

Microsoft.photos.exe

In case no one from MS answers, I'll tell you what it most likely is. It's the process that runs in the background to build and maintain Albums. I know of no way to turn it off and the high CPU consumption is normal except for when it goes into a loop
    and keeps using cycles for hours (MS seems to have fixed this, though).

Tom_WC, Oct 7, 2015
  3. What is Windows.Photos.exe? (Detected by Trend Micro)

From reading some other threads/articles etc I gathered the following info:

Microsoft.Photos.exe is part of Microsoft Photos according to the Microsoft.Photos.exe

version information

Microsoft.Photos.exe's description is "Microsoft Photos"

Microsoft.Photos.exe is usually located in the 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.721.12350.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\' folder.

None of the anti-virus scanners at VirusTotal reports anything malicious about Microsoft.Photos.exe

Source:
    http://www.freefixer.com/library/file/Microsoft.Photos.exe-195022/

====

Nevertheless, you might also want to upload the file to
    VirusTotal
    and/or any other second opinion scanner from this
    List of Online File analyzers & services

and see what they say and if you get different results.

====

Some other threads here in Microsoft Community on more or less same topic:

What is Microsoft.Photos.exe file. Panda Virus Protection said it was trying to download the file to my Windows 10

Windows 10 – Microsoft.Photos.exe deleted by Kaspersky 2016

====

And did you ask the support of your AV and or/in their forum?

Maximum Security Support - Welcome to Support - Home and Home Office Support | Trend Micro

PC Security | Trend Micro Home Users Community

Jsssssssss, Oct 7, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Borg 386, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft.Photos.exe Virus? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos exe

2. Microsoft photo ou se trouve EXE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft photo ou se trouve EXE: Bonjour,Pour associer un type de fichier.tile à PHOTO, windows ne propose pas dans autre option PHOTO. il reste donc la possibilité "Rechercher une application dans le PC". Mais ou se trouve l'application PHOTO ?Cordialement...
  3. Microsoft photo ou se trouve EXE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo ou se trouve EXE: Bonjour,Pour associer un type de fichier.tile à PHOTO, windows ne propose pas dans autre option PHOTO. il reste donc la possibilité "Rechercher une application dans le PC". Mais ou se trouve l'application PHOTO ?Cordialement...
  4. Microsoft photo ou se trouve EXE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  6. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  7. Is this .exe a virus ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this .exe a virus ?: [ATTACH] Hey everybody today i just navigate to the Win10 folder and there a .exe which names and do the same work as notepad. I don't have idea . Is there a notepad.exe in Win10 folder but according me the notepad.exe is present inside the Sys32 Folder, is this .exe a...
  8. windows infected by a .exe virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows infected by a .exe virus: My windows is infected by an .exe virus which as turned mostly folders and files to .exe even the windows defender could stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-infected-by-a-exe-virus/54cd0c93-797f-42a9-9231-ee04bb83b675
  9. exe virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    exe virus: help to remove that[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/exe-virus/585ba649-c702-41a6-81a8-af784896eb8d
  10. rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast: Hi, I have a big issue i have all the time a popup coming from Avast saying it has detected a virus in rundll32.exe It comes when i open explorer or when set volume. Now the worst is that i cant even setup the playback devices for my Audio, when i try to go to sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft.Photos.exe file. Panda Virus Protection