Windows 10: Microsoft Photos fails to load HEVC H265 input files into video editor.

Discus and support Microsoft Photos fails to load HEVC H265 input files into video editor. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When attempting to import HEVC files into the video editor I recieve the error "These files have properties that could not be read so we couldent add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xXMatthew-has-trouble-wit, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Microsoft Photos fails to load HEVC H265 input files into video editor.

When attempting to import HEVC files into the video editor I recieve the error "These files have properties that could not be read so we couldent add them".

I have installed the HEVC codec extension from the microsoft store but this has not resolved the issue.

I have also tried the repair process on the windows app settings to no avail.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Many thanks

Matthew

:)

xXMatthew-has-trouble-wit, Jan 22, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Computer HEVC Compatibility

Hi Lukey,

HEVC (H265) compatibility has nothing to do with the specifications of your hardware - though you do have a nice system

HEVC (H265) compatibility is simply a codec that you can install to enable you to play that type of video. If your Windows 10 is up to date, then you will be able to play HEVC video with no problems . ..

DaveM121, Jan 22, 2021
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p

Hi there

Using Plex for 1080p with 6Ch and codec HEVC H265 transcoding always seems to take place and video pauses frequently even on megafast Network connection.

If I drop the audio to 2CH then it works fine seems PLEX has problem with the AUDIO rather than the video codec --strange though.

It all works at 720p whatever audio but I do prefer the full 1080p on decent TV's.

Is there any way to either "Pre-transcode in advance" or fix the audio problem -- 2Ch is OK but full 6 Ch is great for some movies.
    Using HEVC H265 saves HUGE amounts of disk space at 1080p and will be even better for 4K UHD TV too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 22, 2021
  4. The RantZ Win User

Microsoft Photos fails to load HEVC H265 input files into video editor.

Codec Codes for playback - H265 files

I am trying to watch playback from CCTV recorded on a USB. Media Player does not support the file to open the h265 file due to codec code? How can I open these files?

I have brought and downloaded a file from the Microsoft store (HEVC Video Extensions) and the files on the USB still do not open?

Can anyone help??

Thanks

The RantZ, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Photos fails to load HEVC H265 input files into video editor.

1. Microsoft Photos fails to load HEVC H265 input files into video editor. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos fails

2. microsoft converter HEVC to H265.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft converter HEVC to H265.: Hi, I am very new to torrenting so forgive my ignorance. I search for a particular title but often only HEVC format is available. I have downloaded the movies with Qbittorrent and VLC. I load the movies onto my USB and connect it to my tv. Up comes a message that HEVC format...
  3. microsoft converter HEVC to H265.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft converter HEVC to H265.: Hi, I am very new to torrenting so forgive my ignorance. I search for a particular title but often only HEVC format is available. I have downloaded the movies with Qbittorrent and VLC. I load the movies onto my USB and connect it to my tv. Up comes a message that HEVC format...
  4. Video Editor in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor in Microsoft Photos: During one of my last Microsoft Windows 10 automatic updates, I discovered that the Video Editor in Microsoft Photos had been removed !!! There was a pop up window stating that I could download the old version, which I immediately did. Luckily I have both versions on my...
  5. Video Editor in Microsoft Photos

Video Editor in Microsoft Photos: During one of my last Microsoft Windows 10 automatic updates, I discovered that the Video Editor in Microsoft Photos had been removed !!! There was a pop up window stating that I could download the old version, which I immediately did. Luckily I have both versions on my...
  6. microsoft photos video editor

microsoft photos video editor: Is there some way to control the size of text boxes? They seem to differ very slightly but apparently randomly, and the actual text size is reduced to fit inside the box....
  7. Microsoft Photos Video Editor

Microsoft Photos Video Editor: How do I edit the part of the video I want to see-I have a video with a random building on the left side. Want to trim the view so I can just see the middle of the screen and take out the building, like editing out a photo, but don't know how to do it with a video...
  8. AVI Files not loading in Windows 10 Video Editor Photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVI Files not loading in Windows 10 Video Editor Photos: I'm having trouble loading movies with an AVI extension into MS Photos to edit. I can play these files using MS Films & TV. Other extensions load fine and I can edit these. Using other support articles I have tried repair, reset and reinstalling to no avail. The error...
  9. MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ??

MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ??: Hi folks I've a number of videos that I want to convert to H.265 HEVC - the converter I've got is far too slow for this to be even remotely feasible -- Source videos are H.264 MKV. Converter using is Wondershare Video converter which does the job for converting things like...
  10. PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p

PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p: Hi there Using Plex for 1080p with 6Ch and codec HEVC H265 transcoding always seems to take place and video pauses frequently even on megafast Network connection. If I drop the audio to 2CH then it works fine seems PLEX has problem with the AUDIO rather than the video...