Windows 10: Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open"

Discus and support Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to open Microsoft Photos, it fails to open and comes up with the message "This App Can't Open". I have tried the Windows Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Derek Matthews, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open"

When trying to open Microsoft Photos, it fails to open and comes up with the message "This App Can't Open". I have tried the Windows Store troubleshooting option and have deleted and re-installed Photos with no change. Help!

:)

Derek Matthews, Mar 14, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open"

Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open"

1. Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open" - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos fails

2. Microsoft Store and Photos app not opening with no error message - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Photos app not opening with no error message - Windows 11: I recently found while trying to trim a video on Films and TV app that I couldn't, no error message, just as soon as I hit trim the menu would disappear and I would just be looking at the usual video playback with no option to edit the video. That was my first problem and it...
  3. Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.: Recently I've been trying to open some videos and photos on my pc but everytime I'd attempt to I would get an error message like thisI have watched many tutorials and read many posts about how to make it work, tried alot of solutions and other things. I've also discovered I...
  4. Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.: Recently I've been trying to open some videos and photos on my pc but everytime I'd attempt to I would get an error message like thisI have watched many tutorials and read many posts about how to make it work, tried alot of solutions and other things. I've also discovered I...
  5. Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  7. Microsoft Photos App will not open

Microsoft Photos App will not open: I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Photos, I have done the repair and reset, I have restarted the computer. When I try to open the app, or a photo that would use the app to open, it either does nothing at all or displays a blank photos screen. It is currently doing...
  8. I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.: Help. I want to know what the photo is without opening the Microsoft photos app and searching for it in all of my photos. submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j63px3/i_cant_view_photos_without_opening_the_microsoft/
  9. Can't open the Photo app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open the Photo app: Every time I try to open an image using the Photo app, an error message that reads, "file system error (-2147219196)" shows up. I've tried reinstalling the photo apps, but it didn't work. I've also had the same problem with the Movies&TV app. Can somebody tell me what's...
  10. Can't open Microsoft Photos

Can't open Microsoft Photos: Not sure when this started exactly, but it was recently I'd say after the newest update...of course. Right? I click on Microsoft Photos and the little window opens up in the taskbar, but the large, normal window never opens. PNGs and JPEGs both won't open. Right-click on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this app cannot open Microsoft Photos

2. cant open microsoft photos app