Windows 10: Microsoft Photos Gives Me Write Error Message When I Try To Open A Jpeg, Any Photo

Discus and support Microsoft Photos Gives Me Write Error Message When I Try To Open A Jpeg, Any Photo in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It never used to do this so why all of a sudden am I getting an error message that the drive or photo is write-protected whenever I try to open a photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KimIsland, Dec 7, 2020.

1. KimIsland Win User

Microsoft Photos Gives Me Write Error Message When I Try To Open A Jpeg, Any Photo

It never used to do this so why all of a sudden am I getting an error message that the drive or photo is write-protected whenever I try to open a photo in Microsoft Photos.

Microsoft Photos Gives Me Write Error Message When I Try To Open A Jpeg, Any Photo. I have checked the settings and nothing is checked write-protected nor are there any restrictions on any of the photos I am trying to open.

Please help to resolve this issue without a lot of hoops and loops.

Thanks.

:)

KimIsland, Dec 7, 2020

2. "Class not registered" error message on opening a photo in Microsoft Photos on Windows 10.

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “Microsoft Photos”, are you referring to Photo app?

• Does the issue persists only on trying to open a particular photo or on any photo in Photo app?

• Dis the issue started occurring recently or has it been the same since upgrading to Windows 10?

• Are you able to open the pictures using other Photo viewing applications?

• Which is the default application set to view photos on your PC?

If the issue is specific to a photo showing the above error message on launching the same in
    Photo app, I suggest you to check if the picture opens without any issues on other photo viewing applications.

Method 1: If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to run
    Windows apps troubleshooter to check if the any
    of the app files and folders are missing or corrupted on the PC.

Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix the same to enhance the performance of the system.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to check if the default photo viewer application is set appropriately in the system settings by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Default programs and select the top most search result.

• From the right side panel, check if the desired application to view the photo is set as default under
      Photo viewer option. If not, click on the tile and select the application from the
      Choose an application window.

• Close the window, open the photo and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos Gives Me Write Error Message When I Try To Open A Jpeg, Any Photo

Microsoft photos is not responding

Hello,

I realize that the Microsoft photos is not responding in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you able to open the photos through Windows Photo viewer or Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What exact issue are you facing with Microsoft Photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos Gives Me Write Error Message When I Try To Open A Jpeg, Any Photo

1. Microsoft Photos Gives Me Write Error Message When I Try To Open A Jpeg, Any Photo - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos Write

2. ERROR WHEN TRYING TO OPEN JPEG?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERROR WHEN TRYING TO OPEN JPEG?: Anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-open-jpeg/7e12642f-a646-4706-a7ac-9366b2f27cd3
  3. ERROR WHEN TRYING TO OPEN JPEG?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR WHEN TRYING TO OPEN JPEG?: Anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-open-jpeg/7e12642f-a646-4706-a7ac-9366b2f27cd3
  4. Photos app gives me error message when I try to open images through a USB-C cable connected...

Photos app gives me error message when I try to open images through a USB-C cable connected...: When I connect the camera to my pc I am not using a hub, straight to the back of my pc, the camera shows up in the file explorer, with the correct name and everything. All of the files appear, and when I try to open the first file, it first shows a bigger version of the...
  5. I CAN NOT OPEN .JPJ OR .JPEG OR ANY PHOTO

I CAN NOT OPEN .JPJ OR .JPEG OR ANY PHOTO: I CAN NOT OPEN .JPG OR .JPEG OR ANY PHOTO IN MY COMPUTER WHICH IS INSTALLED WITH MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PROFFESSIONAL V20H2 OPERATING SYSTEMNeed help in this regards...
  6. Microsoft Photos Giving Errors

Microsoft Photos Giving Errors: This is the error: [img] I cannot open any picture files and it looks like Microsoft Photos is corrupted. I didn't have this problem yesterday. When I go to the Microsoft Store and try to reinstall Photos, it doesn't work. A screen will pop up for a fraction of a second...
  7. I cannot get Photos to work. Any photo I try to open gives an error message.

I cannot get Photos to work. Any photo I try to open gives an error message.: I cannot get Photos to work. Any photo I try to open gives an error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos/227f61a0-a11a-45a2-bb0b-972088595fa0
  8. Error message when trying to open photos

Error message when trying to open photos: I just downloaded some photos from Google Photos and now my computer won't let me open any photos to view them, it says: "The operation was not completed because an unexpected host ID was encountered." I downloaded the Google Photo app recently before this started happening....
  9. Photo viewer not opening photos, gives error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo viewer not opening photos, gives error message: Hi, Having used the photo viewer for years, it's now not opening any jpegs. I get the viewing screen, with the file name and this message underneath it. Advice appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  10. This is the message I get when trying to open any of my photos " File system error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This is the message I get when trying to open any of my photos " File system error...: This is the message I get when trying to open any of my photos " File system error (-805305975)" how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-the-message-i-get-when-trying-to-open-any/bbb1887f-fe99-47bb-b810-9e9b5004d707