Windows 10: Microsoft Photos - How do I save additions to an album

Discus and support Microsoft Photos - How do I save additions to an album in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Photos looks quite powerful but there seems to very little on the way of tutorials or help. I have tried to create an album which works OK.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by swatson99, Dec 14, 2020.

1. swatson99 Win User

Microsoft Photos - How do I save additions to an album

Microsoft Photos looks quite powerful but there seems to very little on the way of tutorials or help. I have tried to create an album which works OK. But when I add further photos to the album there seems to be no option to save the additions. It is obviously is not an automatic save as when I reopen the album the additions are not there. In addition a default filter is applied to all photos with no option to alter the default. Photos looks good in principle but its not at all obvious how to use it effectively.

:)

swatson99, Dec 14, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Is it possible to save the Album data from the photo Viewer?

Hi, if you read thru the various responses here, you may find a couple of ideas.
    Save Photo Album as Folder - Microsoft Community

(I don't use Photos myself).

dalchina, Dec 14, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Photos - create and LOCALLY save an album

Hi PWalker50,

The album created in the Photos App are virtual, they do not physically exist on your PC, here is just a small file somewhere listing the photos, text, enhancements . . . etc.

Microsoft only provide us one way to save out these albums and that is to oneDrive and then download or share them . . .

DaveM121, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Greedo Win User

Where are Windows photo albums actually saved

The Windows 10 photo app allows you to save pictures to "Creations" such as photo albums. Where are these albums located in Explorer?

The implication from what I've read is that they are somewhere on the user's OneDrive - but I don't imagine the photos themselves are saved into an album, merely their filepaths. Either way I can't find this information.

Can I access the file paths associated with the images contained in one of these albums?

(NB, I don't want to upload to onedrive, I just want to know where the album data is saved on the machine usually, and whether I can access it from explorer or the command line say)

Greedo, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photos - How do I save additions to an album - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos save

2. auto saving a photo when saving to an album

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto saving a photo when saving to an album: I have a client that has uses Photo to manage her pictures. She recently bought a new computer and new laptop. On the old computer she would receive and email with a picture, she'd click it to see it it would open in the Photos App, choose Add To. Then she would choose a...
  3. Transferring Apple Photo albums to Microsoft Photos

Transferring Apple Photo albums to Microsoft Photos: I used to have a MacBook, with a big Photo library on it, which I organized through the use of albums which took me an enormous amount of time. Now that I have Windows, I'd like to recover all the organization for my photos. I have successfully recovered my Apple Photos...
  4. Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...

Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...: Unable to transfer an Album 300photos in Photos to burn to a DVD or disc How to Create a file folder to transfer the album to - or actually transfer the album so I could burn to a dvd...
  5. Microsoft photos - photos of icons appearing in albums

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft photos - photos of icons appearing in albums: Hi My Dad has a computer running Windows 10, he has noticed that over the last month or so he has icons and desktop backgrounds appearing randomly in his photo albums eg spotify, twitter, padlock icons. He has not used this icons as he does not have social media or music...
  6. Lost saved photo album

Lost saved photo album: I lost my photo album. All the hours I put into it only saved 13 photos. Is it truly lost? Can I find it somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-saved-photo-album/7d68b53a-bbc7-4ed8-8f9b-e43740143092
  7. How to create a photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a photo album: Create an album by opening 'Photos', select 'Create > Album'. Select the pictures you want to include, then select 'Create'. For more info click here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/photo-basics#createalbumphotos [ATTACH]...
  8. Save Windows Photos Album As Folder (SOLVED)

Save Windows Photos Album As Folder (SOLVED): Ok so I have been looking everywhere for some questions to actually answer this but they are all locked. So I thought I would start a Discussion and Answer it all in one. LIke me many people have wondered how to save their Windows Photos Album they created in the "Photos"...
  9. How do I save/restore Album or Collection settings in Photos

How do I save/restore Album or Collection settings in Photos: I am transferring from Mac to Windows simply because of hardware affordability. Mac's Photo app keeps its album info together with the actual photos, within one photo "library". I'm transferring my photos over to Windows 10's Photos app. I made specific albums and collections...
  10. How do I SAVE / UPLOAD photos

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I SAVE / UPLOAD photos: Hi please excuse my complete ignorance, since downloading my " free windows 10 " I cant see how to download / save any fotos...when I try to a window opens giving my just the option of "windows picture viewer" but that doesnt seem to be installed, just an app for "photos" and...