Windows 10: Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates

Discus and support Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I attempt to view a photo, sometimes it opens normally. Other times, it will open to a blank white screen. If I close the blank screen and try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ricksza, Aug 23, 2020.

1. ricksza Win User

Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates

When I attempt to view a photo, sometimes it opens normally. Other times, it will open to a blank white screen. If I close the blank screen and try to open it again, it will take an extended time to open. Once it opens, everything works normal. I tried to repair, reset, delete the app and reinstall, no change. I like the program, just want it to act normal.

I am using Windows 10 Home with Intel i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 8.00 GB Memory

:)

ricksza, Aug 23, 2020

2. Issues with Microsoft photo editor

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer recently?
    3. What exactly happen when you try to use the Photo editor?
    4. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

I understand you are facing issues with Photo editor application, if you are using the Photo editor app which is downloaded from Microsoft Store, I suggest you to refer the following article and try few troubleshooting
    steps to fix issues with Photo editor
    and check if that helps.

Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, a new photo editing and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.

If the application has been removed from your PC, when you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, I suggest you to refer the following article to reinstall

Photo Editor
    and check if that helps.

Reply back with the information, to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 23, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates

Slide Show issues while accessing Photos

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience on this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to reinstall the Photo App in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Uninstall the Photo App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Copy and paste the following command in Powershell and press enter:

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

Step 2: Re-install the Photo App from the below link:

Microsoft Photos

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates

1. Microsoft Photos issue since recent updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos issue

2. Recent Microsoft update issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Microsoft update issues: I have a Dell desktop runningWIN10 with 12GB RAM. After several of the recent Microsoft Updates my system is running slow and has other issues. 1: I think it was one of the October updates, maybe before, the search space in the taskbar got a lot larger and search stopped...
  3. Recent Microsoft update issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Microsoft update issues: I have a Dell desktop runningWIN10 with 12GB RAM. After several of the recent Microsoft Updates my system is running slow and has other issues. 1: I think it was one of the October updates, maybe before, the search space in the taskbar got a lot larger and search stopped...
  4. Recent Microsoft update issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I have an issue since the Photos update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an issue since the Photos update: Hi I have an issue since the Photos update, i shoot in Raw & Jpeg so when i connect up to my computer in the past and download my photos onto it it downloads both the raw & jpeg files, this morning i go to download the same way after the photos update and it will only...
  6. I have an issue since the Photos update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an issue since the Photos update: Hi I have an issue since the Photos update, i shoot in Raw & Jpeg so when i connect up to my computer in the past and download my photos onto it it downloads both the raw & jpeg files, this morning i go to download the same way after the photos update and it will only...
  7. I have an issue since the Photos update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. UHD Graphics card issue since recent update

UHD Graphics card issue since recent update: Hi, A recent update created an issue with my UHD Graphics card. I can get into my laptop in safemode, then deactivate my UHD graphics card and then after restart, it boots into normal. But with basic display, it won't run apps for me. But, as soon as I click on "Enable"...
  9. UHD Graphics card issue since recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UHD Graphics card issue since recent update: Hi, A recent update created an issue with my UHD Graphics card. I can get into my laptop in safemode, then deactivate my UHD graphics card and then after restart, it boots into normal. But with basic display, it won't run apps for me. But, as soon as I click on "Enable"...
  10. Display issues since recent update

Display issues since recent update: Recently updated on 9/26/2020 to OS build 19041.508. Since the update when I hover over an icon, increase/decrease volume the screen goes black, the color is also fluctuating, from cooler to warmer. I typically have my color setting set to warmer when plugged in to power. Not...