Windows 10: Microsoft Photos Missing "Search with Bing" option after latest update

Discus and support Microsoft Photos Missing "Search with Bing" option after latest update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When using MS Photos within Windows 10 I used to be able to open a picture, right click on the picture within the app, and then have a "Find similar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeSwisher1, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Microsoft Photos Missing "Search with Bing" option after latest update

When using MS Photos within Windows 10 I used to be able to open a picture, right click on the picture within the app, and then have a "Find similar images with Bing" option. The wording may have been slightly different, but you get the idea. Clicking the option would open my default web browser and search for images just like it or similar. My PC updated today and now the photos app no longer has that option. I'm curious as to why it was removed, but more importantly, how do I get that functionality back? It's very important to me and the work I do.

:)

MikeSwisher1, Jul 17, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Microsoft Photos Missing "Search with Bing" option after latest update :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Photo options and search engine in Windows 10

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

When you say skip movies, music and games, what exactly do you mean by that?

I would suggest you to use Photo app in Windows 10 so that all the photos will be listed in one place.

For reference Photos app for Windows help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Note : Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

You can use any search engine you desire. Bing comes as default search engine in Windows 10. If you prefer some other search engine then you can use that search engine.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Photos Missing "Search with Bing" option after latest update

Microsoft Search Webcast: Get started with Microsoft Search in Bing

Source: Microsoft Search Webcast: Get started with Microsoft Search in Bing - Microsoft Tech Community - 268505

See also: Announcing Microsoft Search - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos Missing "Search with Bing" option after latest update

1. Microsoft Photos Missing "Search with Bing" option after latest update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos Missing

2. missing search box option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing search box option: On the latest windows 11 update there was a new feature to show a search box with the Search HighlightsIcon instead of just the search button.When I go now to the personalization/taskbar to activate the searchbox I only get a toggle instead off the dropbox.How do I reenable...
  3. missing search box option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing search box option: On the latest windows 11 update there was a new feature to show a search box with the Search HighlightsIcon instead of just the search button.When I go now to the personalization/taskbar to activate the searchbox I only get a toggle instead off the dropbox.How do I reenable...
  4. Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update: Hi,on a brand new Windows 11 Pro install, after all applications are installed, latest Windows Update unfortunately still NOT on 22H2 ... waiting for do not know what, anytime I open Microsoft Photo it simply crashes and gets this error in event log.Please anyone can help?I...
  5. Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update: Hi,on a brand new Windows 11 Pro install, after all applications are installed, latest Windows Update unfortunately still NOT on 22H2 ... waiting for do not know what, anytime I open Microsoft Photo it simply crashes and gets this error in event log.Please anyone can help?I...
  6. Advance Search Options Missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advance Search Options Missing?: I used to be able to go to the search box in the top right of explorer and do something like type: video, or datemodified: ... etc. For some reason no matter what I type there, it's always just searching the literal string and not allowing advanced search. What...
  7. Bing photo search missing

in Cortana
    Bing photo search missing: When I open a photo using Photos I no longer have the option to search using Bing. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-photo-search-missing/ba94726c-c03e-4f9e-996b-03ac3ecc990c
  8. Missing files after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing files after latest update: I'm missing a folder which contained after effects files. It's just gone since I updated two days ago. I think this is update kb4551762 Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips on what to do? (If anything) I'm pretty worried other stuff is gone too, I have my important...
  9. Improvements to Microsoft Search in Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Improvements to Microsoft Search in Bing: Recently, you may have noticed some changes to the way Microsoft Search in Bing looks. We’ve made some improvements so using Office 365, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Search in Bing is more consistent and familiar. We’ve also redesigned work and web results to provide a...
  10. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d