Windows 10: Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

Discus and support Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to be able to crop images with Microsoft Photos, after which I get to see a preview of the cropped image before I can decide if I want to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nikolaevna1899, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

I used to be able to crop images with Microsoft Photos, after which I get to see a preview of the cropped image before I can decide if I want to save it or redo the cropping. Now cropping an image only lets you save a copy instead. If the crop is unsatisfactory I have to save another copy of the image. It is not possible to zoom in to make sure the cropping lines are precise. Why is it not possible to preview the cropped image before saving anymore?

:)

Nikolaevna1899, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    editing photo using Microsoft Paint Photo Editor

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Paint?

• Have you tried saving the photos after editing?
    As a work around I suggest you to use Photo app for editing and check if the issue persist.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

Windows 10 preview pane does not show image previews

I have file explorer open, preview pane is selected. No matter what layout I choose the image file does not show in the preview pane. Large icons, list, it does not show either way.

Any thoughts and ideas?

MatthewS72, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

1. Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos longer

2. image previewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    image previewer: where is the right click image viewer in 10? can it be turned on? (Wait, beware of scammers! Seriously? What happened to product support and quality? - Rhetorical, don't answer the questions in parentheses)...
  3. image previews not showing for photos imported from windows phone 8

image previews not showing for photos imported from windows phone 8: in file explorer, the only preview images that show are ones imported from my android phone. there are no preview images whatsoever showing for photos previously imported from my windows 8 phone, either from pictures subfolders or from onedrive pictures folder. have tried...
  4. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...
  5. microsoft digital image photo editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft digital image photo editor: Selecting a area in a photo to copie with the tool than copie... than paste ...the selected area is white! No copy at all. What can I do? Before it worked fine?...
  6. Photo editing is not showing up as loaded in my windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photo editing is not showing up as loaded in my windows?: my new notebook does not have an installed photo app, I had to refresh my windows and perhaps it was taken off. I need to have it reinstalled as soon as possible...
  7. Microsoft Photos is not saving edits

Microsoft Photos is not saving edits: In photos if I make a crop that saves fine and opens in other programs and uploads online as cropped BUT color and exposure changes do not. It acts like it's saving but when opened in another program or uploaded it looks like nothing was done. When reopened in photos it shows...
  8. PHOTOS EDITING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PHOTOS EDITING: Some times after finishing editing ,clicking SAVE takes a long time to complete, sometimes never---Clicking ENHANCE most of the time does nothing, all other functions work OK RAY...
  9. Windows will no longer show different images on different screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will no longer show different images on different screens: It seems I have 3 monitor 3s. As a result, the same image now shows on all 3 screens, as opposed to the way it used to work (where all 3 screens would have different images). Is there a way to fix this? [img] 27858
  10. Photo preview/view problems: shows all images, not current selection

Photo preview/view problems: shows all images, not current selection: I am having problems with my photo images, specifically serious problems regarding trying to preview or view only selected images from a single folder. Before I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7, on both XP and Win 7, I was able to control-select photos, right-click and use...