Windows 10: Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

Discus and support Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to be able to crop images with Microsoft Photos, after which I get to see a preview of the cropped image before I can decide if I want to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nikolaevna1899, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

I used to be able to crop images with Microsoft Photos, after which I get to see a preview of the cropped image before I can decide if I want to save it or redo the cropping. Now cropping an image only lets you save a copy instead. If the crop is unsatisfactory I have to save another copy of the image. It is not possible to zoom in to make sure the cropping lines are precise. Why is it not possible to preview the cropped image before saving anymore?

:)

Nikolaevna1899, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    editing photo using Microsoft Paint Photo Editor

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Paint?

• Have you tried saving the photos after editing?
    As a work around I suggest you to use Photo app for editing and check if the issue persist.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

Windows 10 preview pane does not show image previews

I have file explorer open, preview pane is selected. No matter what layout I choose the image file does not show in the preview pane. Large icons, list, it does not show either way.

Any thoughts and ideas?

MatthewS72, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images

1. Microsoft Photos no longer shows preview when editing images - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos longer

2. Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing: I have a large gallery of photos stored on my computer in a folder which is connected to a dropbox. I am going through and editing them with Microsoft Photos 2024.11010.10002.0, cropping them and sometimes adjusting the contrast/brightness/etc.Every so often say 1 in 10 times...
  3. Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing: I have a large gallery of photos stored on my computer in a folder which is connected to a dropbox. I am going through and editing them with Microsoft Photos 2024.11010.10002.0, cropping them and sometimes adjusting the contrast/brightness/etc.Every so often say 1 in 10 times...
  4. Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files: Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files. This has happened before and after going into APPS and both Repairing and Resetting both apps they worked. However, that no longer fixes this issue. Microsoft Photo Gallery does open all image files.Why is...
  5. Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files

Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files: Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files. This has happened before and after going into APPS and both Repairing and Resetting both apps they worked. However, that no longer fixes this issue. Microsoft Photo Gallery does open all image files.Why is...
  6. Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.: For a couple of hours, I have been editing images. I saved one, then opened another, cropped it and now I cannot save it. I close down the Photos app and re-open it - same issue. I try opening an image I just edited and saved - I can no longer save changes to it.Look for...
  7. Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.: For a couple of hours, I have been editing images. I saved one, then opened another, cropped it and now I cannot save it. I close down the Photos app and re-open it - same issue. I try opening an image I just edited and saved - I can no longer save changes to it.Look for...
  8. Preview of Photos and images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview of Photos and images: We are interior designers and we search for images jpgs in folders every day. We are losing so much time to the problem of not being able to preview thumbnails of photos or images in each folder window, we just get this: We have tried everything we have found online for...
  9. Image Previews Not Showing

Image Previews Not Showing: Kind Regards, I recently had a clean reinstall of Win10 and ever since then, my image preview thumbnails are not showing. I have followed just about any instruction in this forum and in other threads to try and fix this problem but I just can`t solve it. My folder...
  10. Windows 10 no longer shows image previews

Windows 10 no longer shows image previews: When clicking on an image in Windows Explorer, I now get a blank window instead of a preview. I suspect the latest update may have killed image previews. Right now I’ve had a blank window for about 15 minutes. Earlier tonight Windows did give me some errors after the image...