Windows 10: Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't know when exactly this happened, but it was after a Windows update, the Microsoft Photos app opens, but it doesn't show the preview of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by henrique josé rosalino, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

I don't know when exactly this happened, but it was after a Windows update, the Microsoft Photos app opens, but it doesn't show the preview of the photos and when I click on them nothing happens, but if I click to open a folder and it doesn't Inside the application the photo opens normally, I've tried all possible solutions, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, reset, everything, but nothing worked

:)

henrique josé rosalino, Apr 14, 2024

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Get help with Windows Photos app - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 14, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Photo app no longer works

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    I would suggest you to follow the below methods.

Method 1: Try running windows app troubleshooter & check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.
    Method 3: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 14, 2024
  4. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Apr 14, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

1. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos longer

2. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: I don't know when exactly this happened, but it was after a Windows update, the Microsoft Photos app opens, but it doesn't show the preview of the photos and when I click on them nothing happens, but if I click to open a folder and it doesn't Inside the application the photo...
  3. why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?: these are the 2 errors I get when trying to open a photo to view and edit. I was told by Dropbox this is a Microsoft issue. I've tried to reinstall Micrsosoft Photo but all it does is circle around. Been trying for over a week and not having success. Any ideas would be...
  4. why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?

why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?: these are the 2 errors I get when trying to open a photo to view and edit. I was told by Dropbox this is a Microsoft issue. I've tried to reinstall Micrsosoft Photo but all it does is circle around. Been trying for over a week and not having success. Any ideas would be...
  5. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: There is a bug in Microsoft Photos on Windows 10. Photo colors and brightness can be edited and resaved successfully, but the crop function doesn't work. If I try to crop the image using a custom aspect ratio, I cannot save it. The "Save" option is disabled. Only "Save As" is...
  6. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: There is a bug in Microsoft Photos on Windows 10. Photo colors and brightness can be edited and resaved successfully, but the crop function doesn't work. If I try to crop the image using a custom aspect ratio, I cannot save it. The "Save" option is disabled. Only "Save As" is...
  7. Photos App no longer working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  8. Photos App no longer working...

Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  9. Microsoft Photos no longer steps through a photo file

Microsoft Photos no longer steps through a photo file: I take rather extensive photos. My event files can vary from a couple of hundred shots to fifteen hundred or so. Until recently two to three months I could step through the photos in a file from beginning to end regardless of the file size. Now it will only show, maybe, 150...
  10. Microsoft Photos no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Photos no longer works: After an automatic Windows update, Photos app no longer functions. If I attempt to open the app directly, the opening screen appears for a few moments and then closes. If I click on a jpg file in explorer, I get a system error code -2147219196. I tried uninstalling the...