Windows 10: Microsoft Photos no longer works

Discus and support Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an automatic Windows update, Photos app no longer functions. If I attempt to open the app directly, the opening screen appears for a few moments... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LiamCannon, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Microsoft Photos no longer works

After an automatic Windows update, Photos app no longer functions. If I attempt to open the app directly, the opening screen appears for a few moments and then closes. If I click on a jpg file in explorer, I get a system error code -2147219196. I tried uninstalling the update which didn't change anything. I uninstalled Photos and then downloaded and installed it again from the store with no changes. The jpg file can be viewed successfully with a different viewer which tells me that the picture file is alright. What else can I try?

:)

LiamCannon, Jul 19, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos no longer works

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos no longer works

1. Microsoft Photos no longer works - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos longer

2. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: I don't know when exactly this happened, but it was after a Windows update, the Microsoft Photos app opens, but it doesn't show the preview of the photos and when I click on them nothing happens, but if I click to open a folder and it doesn't Inside the application the photo...
  3. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: I don't know when exactly this happened, but it was after a Windows update, the Microsoft Photos app opens, but it doesn't show the preview of the photos and when I click on them nothing happens, but if I click to open a folder and it doesn't Inside the application the photo...
  4. why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?: these are the 2 errors I get when trying to open a photo to view and edit. I was told by Dropbox this is a Microsoft issue. I've tried to reinstall Micrsosoft Photo but all it does is circle around. Been trying for over a week and not having success. Any ideas would be...
  5. why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?

why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?: these are the 2 errors I get when trying to open a photo to view and edit. I was told by Dropbox this is a Microsoft issue. I've tried to reinstall Micrsosoft Photo but all it does is circle around. Been trying for over a week and not having success. Any ideas would be...
  6. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: There is a bug in Microsoft Photos on Windows 10. Photo colors and brightness can be edited and resaved successfully, but the crop function doesn't work. If I try to crop the image using a custom aspect ratio, I cannot save it. The "Save" option is disabled. Only "Save As" is...
  7. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: There is a bug in Microsoft Photos on Windows 10. Photo colors and brightness can be edited and resaved successfully, but the crop function doesn't work. If I try to crop the image using a custom aspect ratio, I cannot save it. The "Save" option is disabled. Only "Save As" is...
  8. Photos App no longer working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  9. Photos App no longer working...

Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  10. Microsoft Photos no longer steps through a photo file

Microsoft Photos no longer steps through a photo file: I take rather extensive photos. My event files can vary from a couple of hundred shots to fifteen hundred or so. Until recently two to three months I could step through the photos in a file from beginning to end regardless of the file size. Now it will only show, maybe, 150...