Windows 10: Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos

Discus and support Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I store my photos on a NAS that I access using SMB as a mapped network drive. I have no trouble accessing the photos and looking at them by double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/urwrang, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos

I store my photos on a NAS that I access using SMB as a mapped network drive. I have no trouble accessing the photos and looking at them by double clicking on the images using file explorer and opening them in Microsoft Photos.

However, when I add all my photos to my collection in Microsoft Photos, only a fraction of the images are visible in the "Collection" and "Folders" tab. I have tried adding one folder at a time and it seem to index more photos than adding a parent folder containing sub folders with the individual images.

I have made sure that there is no difference in the file permission between the files that are indexed and the ones that aren't.

I have tried the following:

• Removing all photos from Microsoft Photos and adding them again. The same exact files are indexed and there are still missing photos.
    • Repairing and reseting the app. No success.

I have seen others with similar issues but I have not found any solution. Does anyone have any suggestions other than to not use Microsoft Photos?

submitted by /u/urwrang
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/urwrang, Feb 7, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Feb 7, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos

1. Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos indexing

2. All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos: As I work on my recent vacation photos to upload to a share site, they disappear. I first selected my favorites and then I noticed the entire selection did not upload. I went back to redo the upload I notice my favorites were undone and no longer in my favorites folder. When...
  3. All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos: As I work on my recent vacation photos to upload to a share site, they disappear. I first selected my favorites and then I noticed the entire selection did not upload. I went back to redo the upload I notice my favorites were undone and no longer in my favorites folder. When...
  4. Microsoft Photos - Straighten Photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos - Straighten Photo: With the new software, how do you straighten photos. The old version allowed me to straighten the photos under the crop menu. Now that option is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-straighten-photo/61bff90a-0c15-4d57-97c3-115fae95d968
  5. Microsoft Photos is not indexing HEIC photos nor displaying them in my Collection.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photos is not indexing HEIC photos nor displaying them in my Collection.: I've installed both HEIF Image Extensionsfree and HEVC Video Extensionspaid. I've uninstalled Microsoft Photos2020.20120.4004.0 through PowerShell script, then reinstalled through Microsoft Store. Still no HEIC photos indexed and showing on Microsoft Photos. Only JPG,...
  6. Windows Photos App - Indexing HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photos App - Indexing HDD: When I start Windows Photo APP it indexes the photos on my PC for about 15-20minuites. If I try to scroll through photos in the APP as the indexing is going on and enlarge a photo to edit it I get a 'thumbnail' type view until Windows catches up. My PC is a i7 - 4970K,...
  7. Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos

Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos: Hello, I have more or less the same problem as posted on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-seems-to-have-stopped-indexing/c50cd30d-f8ce-49cb-8bc1-7b6ede55cde2 thread, and it was closed without any proper solution, which I think is...
  8. Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?: Maybe there is a Command-line command for that? Each day i upload to my hdd a lot of renovation & work projects photos. More than 70000 total...
  9. Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?

Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?: Maybe there is a Command-line command for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-stop-photos-from-indexing-photos/17c37ba3-6f13-4a4b-8bcb-6374967cc93b
  10. Microsoft Photos Not Working At All

Microsoft Photos Not Working At All: Hi, my name is Douglas. I am posting because I've been searching for over three hours about this topic and I cannot find anybody in the same situation. So here's what's going on - I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home, and I've been loving it, besides the fact that I cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pictures app not indexing