Windows 10: Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

Discus and support Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft Photo not recognising for downloading only some JPG photos that are part of a sequence with no changes made. Reply is "Photos appears not to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ColinB31, Mar 19, 2023.

1. ColinB31 Win User

Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

Microsoft Photo not recognising for downloading only some JPG photos that are part of a sequence with no changes made. Reply is "Photos appears not to recognise this format". HELP

:)

ColinB31, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos

Hi JamesAderman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you referring to the pictures in Windows photos app??

If yes, you can proceed with the following steps.

You can exclude the pictures showing in the Downloads folder from the Microsoft Photos app, by following the below steps.

1. Launch the Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the ellipse icon >
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, click on
      X mark next to Downloads folder.
    Microsoft Photos app will not display the downloaded pictures.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Mar 19, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

1. Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download - Similar Threads - Microsoft photos recognising

2. Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download: Microsoft Photo not recognising for downloading only some JPG photos that are part of a sequence with no changes made. Reply is "Photos appears not to recognise this format". HELP...
  3. Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photos not recognising some JPG photos to download: Microsoft Photo not recognising for downloading only some JPG photos that are part of a sequence with no changes made. Reply is "Photos appears not to recognise this format". HELP...
  4. Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application

Issues Editing JPG Photos in the Photos Application: Dear Microsoft Community,I’m having issues with the Windows 10 default Photos App while trying to edit JPG photos. Some of the problems I’m experiencing are:Next photo/previous photo arrows go missing. They came back after restarting my computer.Crop arrow stays after crop is...
  5. jpg photos corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg photos corrupt: I have corrupted JPG images. I cannot open I used most of the programs for the repair [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-corrupt/20079b5f-d428-4d19-8c6b-794bf7ca4916
  6. Microsoft Photos download

Microsoft Photos download: Since a modification on 3/12/2020 to Microsoft Photos I'm no longer able to designate how photos will be downloaded. There used to be an option to download by date, month etc which is now missing. I was also unable to change which folder to download to, but following reset...
  7. JPG photos not supported on Photos

JPG photos not supported on Photos: Good evening. Have been trying to transfer photos from my Samsung S7 and they are in jpg format and when I try and open on desktop or laptop they say unsupported. Tried to uninstall and reinstall and still not working. Apologies if asked and solved already but this is...
  8. Photos in jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in jpg: Heei! Why when I download photos from my camera SD card the photos are not saving in jpg? Because when I want to send my photos from the pc I just can not find the pics there...
  9. opening jpg photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening jpg photos: I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpg-photos/fcce5b94-6b60-4f59-a732-28835bcdcdc0
  10. Printing a JPG photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Printing a JPG photo: I have Windows 10 and have a photo in my pictures folder in jpg format. There is no icon on that screen enabling me to print that photo. How to do it? 41412