Windows 10: Microsoft Photos not recognizing many faces in my Onedrive photos anymore

Discus and support Microsoft Photos not recognizing many faces in my Onedrive photos anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Today i'm writing to let you guys know about a bug i've been encountering with Microsoft Photos. I have over 20,000+ photos saved on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KylerFlame, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos not recognizing many faces in my Onedrive photos anymore

Hello,

Today i'm writing to let you guys know about a bug i've been encountering with Microsoft Photos.

I have over 20,000+ photos saved on my Onedrive, and photos isn't detecting faces,

i have seen other people reporting about this on here and on Windows 10 Feedback. I have tried resetting the app, repairing it, removing it with Powershell, and reinstalling Photos via the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 and Microsoft Photos does the same thing, like only 6 or 7 faces get detected, but others dont that used to, Am i supposed to wait for the feature that 'makes your photos easier to find run completely? because i remember it would detect faces while Photos was scanning my photos collection to make photos searchable within the app? Or is this a bug in the current version of photos?

:)

KylerFlame, Apr 3, 2019
  2. sunberg Win User

Turn On or Off Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app

This feature seems to be bugged on the latest version. Photos with faces are recognized and listed in the "tag list" under search box, but "People" tab is empty. Tested on another device with exactly the same result...

edit: Well, I figured it out. Gallery must contain at least 3 photos of a person to show up on "People" tab. *Wink

sunberg, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Microsoft photos is not responding

Hello,

I realize that the Microsoft photos is not responding in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you able to open the photos through Windows Photo viewer or Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What exact issue are you facing with Microsoft Photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Microsoft Photos not recognizing many faces in my Onedrive photos anymore

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos not recognizing many faces in my Onedrive photos anymore

1. Microsoft Photos not recognizing many faces in my Onedrive photos anymore - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos recognizing

2. Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...: Hi all! Trying to open picture in Photos German:Fotos results in Error. Repairing failedResetting failedI am up to date with all Windows updates.Any advise?TIA, Jens...
  3. Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos: I can see my photos and folders thousands of photos of people and places. But, the face tagging section of the app only sees a handful 5% of total of photos. Is there a way to force this functionality to sync?...
  4. Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos

Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos: I can see my photos and folders thousands of photos of people and places. But, the face tagging section of the app only sees a handful 5% of total of photos. Is there a way to force this functionality to sync?...
  5. face recognition in Microsoft Photo's

face recognition in Microsoft Photo's: Hi I have over 30,000 photos and I am in the process of importing this into Microsoft Photos After a night of waiting, all photos with examples were included in the people folder. Given the large number, I think this is fast These photos include many upgrowing children and...
  6. Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore: It's since the last Windows updates that Microsoft Photos is no longer working as it should. It often happens that if I open an image with this app, I get a white small screen. So the only solution is to close it down and reopen it again for a couple of times, until it...
  7. Windows Photos: Faces detected but not recognized

Windows Photos: Faces detected but not recognized: Hey there, this seems to be a Problem many have for several months. Windows Photos stops to recognize persons after about 200 photos and does never every continue. Looking into the database file reveals that there have been more than 100 000 faces detected, however there are...
  8. Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos: I use Microsoft.Photos to manage all my photos (about 20K files). When i first checked possibilities using this tool, i was suprised to see that thousands of good face detection for many persons had been done automatically. For exemple i got around 2300 detection concerning...
  9. Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized?

Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized?: I recently imported new photos into my photos application, and am just wondering why the app has not yet added the faces from the new photos under the people tab. Does it take a certain amount of time for the app to recognize faces in newley imported photos? There are some...
  10. Microsoft Photos doesn't recognize photos starting with "P"

Microsoft Photos doesn't recognize photos starting with "P": In the version of Photos that I'm using on my new computer (Lenovo Yoga 720) I got in April, the app doesn't find any pictures whose name starts with P, which is all the pictures from my camera. It recognizes videos (from camera new and old) and pictures that start with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive photo face recognition

2. train onedrive photos to recongise faces

3. facial recognition not working in windows photos app