Windows 10: Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit

Discus and support Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having this weird aspect ratio problem that started two days ago. The borders of the image viewer prevents the pictures from extending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HitTheBeachSide, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit

I've been having this weird aspect ratio problem that started two days ago. The borders of the image viewer prevents the pictures from extending vertically completely even though the images are at least 1080 pixels tall. Zooming in does not solve this, nor does using the right click zoom options work. My monitor has a 16:9 aspect ratio

:)

HitTheBeachSide, Aug 8, 2021

2. PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen

In Windows Settings - Personalization ... "choose fit", relates to background display. Sorry but I don't see how this helps

Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit [​IMG]

I am using the default Photos App that came with Windows 10 HP PC
    (Microsoft Photos 2020.19081.28230.0)

If you click on the small image file (in File Explorer) it opens up in Photo displaying the original small image.

BUT when the small image is used to make a video, in the Video Project section of Photo, it is stretched to fit screen. This happens when it is moved onto the Storyboard and remains stretched in the exported video.

Can you (or anyone else) help? Thanks N

newmanhard, Aug 8, 2021
  3. PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen

Windows 10 (version 1809) Photo App

Photo video editor automatically stretches photos to fit screen. I want my small size photos to appear in the video in their original size, not stretched to fit screen (and so appear blurry/low resolution).

Your advice is appreciated. Thanks Newman

newmanhard, Aug 8, 2021
  4. Jacee Win User

Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit

PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen

I'm using the old Windows photo viewer. In Windows settings is where I found Personalization. But then, I thought you might not be looking at that setting.

What are you using as your photo app?

Jacee, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit

1. Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos stretching

2. Images not fitting on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images not fitting on lockscreen: I’m trying to customize on lockscreen to be a slideshow. However, none of the images seem to be fitting. I’ve tried to adjust them but they all seem too big. I previously had a slideshow but unfortunately my laptop got wiped and then the laptop updated to a different windows....
  3. Images not fitting on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Images not fitting on lockscreen: I’m trying to customize on lockscreen to be a slideshow. However, none of the images seem to be fitting. I’ve tried to adjust them but they all seem too big. I previously had a slideshow but unfortunately my laptop got wiped and then the laptop updated to a different windows....
  4. Images not fitting on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The image of my game is stretched out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The image of my game is stretched out: I have been playing SimCity4 on windows 11. I play it on a pretty wide screen. For months, the image of the game has been reduced to fit the screen perfectly with an empty black space on the right and left. Recently, I updated the computer, and the image of the game is now...
  6. The image of my game is stretched out

The image of my game is stretched out: I have been playing SimCity4 on windows 11. I play it on a pretty wide screen. For months, the image of the game has been reduced to fit the screen perfectly with an empty black space on the right and left. Recently, I updated the computer, and the image of the game is now...
  7. Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image stretched in Thumbnail and windows photo viewer: I think there's something in the jpg, when in folder it it looks like thisIn the Windows Photo Viewer it looked like thisBut if I use other programs like paint or photo it looked normalDo you have any sugestion? Except using other program...
  8. MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose

MS PHOTOS Not Fit For Purpose: Ever since Windows 10 came out MS Photos has been not fit for purpose with so many glitches when used to download media from your phone. I thought it could not get any worse but IT HAS, MS have clearly done a revision as the interface when you do downloads has changed, for...
  9. PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen

PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen: Windows 10 (version 1809) Photo App Photo video editor automatically stretches photos to fit screen. I want my small size photos to appear in the video in their original size, not stretched to fit screen (and so appear blurry/low resolution). Your advice is appreciated....
  10. Make image fit screen.

in Browsers and Email
    Make image fit screen.: Hi, Used No Squint on FF which overode the default settings and was a boon for my octogenerian eyes. It has been withdrawn for sometime now and I have been having to continually use zooming (in-out) which is a real faff. I am wondering if anyone knows of something similar...