Windows 10: Microsoft photos - photos of icons appearing in albums

Discus and support Microsoft photos - photos of icons appearing in albums in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi My Dad has a computer running Windows 10, he has noticed that over the last month or so he has icons and desktop backgrounds appearing randomly in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ruth2275, Nov 2, 2019.

1. ruth2275 Win User

Microsoft photos - photos of icons appearing in albums

Hi

My Dad has a computer running Windows 10, he has noticed that over the last month or so he has icons and desktop backgrounds appearing randomly in his photo albums eg spotify, twitter, padlock icons. He has not used this icons as he does not have social media or music accounts, and no one else uses his laptop.

He has reinstalled microsoft photos and deleated the icons multiple times but they keep reappearing, even after being deleated.

We have run virus scanners and none detected.

Has anyone had this happen and any solutions for this?

thanks

:)

ruth2275, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Nov 2, 2019
  3. photo albums

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you have followed to setup an album using Windows 10?
    2. Which application are you using to display the album?
    3. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to Photos app, I suggest you to refer the section “Help the app find more photos” from the article
    See all your photos
    for the steps.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Microsoft photos - photos of icons appearing in albums

Facebook photo albums not appearing

I have enabled facebook on my WP7 (samsung focus) but for some reason I am unable to have my photos appear in my pictures hub

I have my fb albums privacy set to friends only. I have even set some to public just to see if that was the problem with no success. Some of my friends photos appear in the pictures hub under new but my photos do not appear anywhere including:

• all
    • date
    • favorites

Does anyone know if there is a setting I could adjust to get the photos to appear in th picture hub.

andrekanon, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft photos - photos of icons appearing in albums

1. Microsoft photos - photos of icons appearing in albums - Similar Threads - Microsoft photos photos

2. Favorite photos do not appear in Favorite Album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorite photos do not appear in Favorite Album: I have marked photos as favorites with the heart but only a few of them appear in the favorites album. All of the photos are in the same folder and they all appear in Collections. I have rest the Photos app and restarted the computer. Still only a handful of the favorited...
  3. Transferring Apple Photo albums to Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Apple Photo albums to Microsoft Photos: I used to have a MacBook, with a big Photo library on it, which I organized through the use of albums which took me an enormous amount of time. Now that I have Windows, I'd like to recover all the organization for my photos. I have successfully recovered my Apple Photos...
  4. Photos Album

Photos Album: Why does it include general internet content along with my photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-album/bea6450b-f9e3-41c5-bcff-b4257a67287f
  5. Photo's Album

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo's Album: My photo file keeps crashing and will not upload all my new photo's of my SD card. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-album/cc95e459-19e7-49f5-9708-c2ee4d168fef
  6. photo album

photo album: I spent 4 hours last night selecting photos for a photo book using the photos app on windows 10, now I want to upload the photos to a website so that I can create my photobook. There seems to be no way of doing this. What is the point in having a photo album if you can't...
  7. photo album

photo album: i scan photos, save them, then can't find them again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album/3b68fd48-22d8-4682-81ab-4ca8afee7100"
  8. photo albums

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo albums: I set up an album using windows 10 but when i display the album it only shows selected photos.how do you change the storyboard to include all the photos chosen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums/7526ae66-5392-44b0-9ef7-c45d5a44fc34
  9. Photos in albums

Photos in albums: how do I rearrange photos in an album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-albums/7c58d5fd-c858-4b9e-9018-95e307057db6"
  10. Photo albums

Photo albums: I have created albums for the past 2 years. I can now see the album names but no pictures show when I access the album name. Instead, windows 10 closes the picture app and takes me back to the desktop. Help!...