Windows 10: Microsoft Photos - Preventing Only Collections from Appearing at Top at Open

Discus and support Microsoft Photos - Preventing Only Collections from Appearing at Top at Open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I do not want Collections to appear across the top whenever I open Photos. There is a Hide button, but I do not want to have to use it every time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TF_950, May 16, 2020.

1. TF_950 Win User

Microsoft Photos - Preventing Only Collections from Appearing at Top at Open

I do not want Collections to appear across the top whenever I open Photos. There is a Hide button, but I do not want to have to use it every time. I want to choose what photos I see at open, and not have the program make a mysterious choice on which photos have to look at when I want to open the program Photos.

Another post does describe how to prevent the entire Pictures folder structure from appearing in Photos at open, but that makes Photos harder to use. I just want Collections at the top to permanently go away at open, or alternatively to be able to choose exactly what pictures go into Collections on a permanent basis--which I would likely use to put in one blank photo and solve the problem that way.

More generally, Collections is obviously not a folder in File Explorer, and it is obviously some kind of subset of the Pictures folder. Hows does Photos select that subset, and is there really no way to direct the program regarding which photos or category or source to use to put into Photos Collections? If there is not, I find this feature very strange really, "pointlessly coercive" would be a good description. I already used MS Feedback.

:)

TF_950, May 16, 2020
  2. Hiughwire Win User

Save a collection of open windows

I work on a couple of projects that last several months each. When I work on a project there'll be a couple project views, plus several reference pages open. I work 3-4 hours at a stretch, then save the work and go on to other things. Coming back to the project, I'd like for the last collection of open windows to appear, instead of finding and clicking on a bunch of URLs. The Libraries and Quick Access list are candidates for this, do you have suggestions on setting this up? Help will be much appreciated.

Hiughwire, May 16, 2020
  3. How can I control what is in the photo collection?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with photo app on Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open Photos app.

2. Click on Collections.

3. Then right click on the unwanted pictures in the list and click on
    Delete.

Also click on Folder option in Photo app and check the file location of the pictures.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help. ;

Nyima Yonten, May 16, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos - Preventing Only Collections from Appearing at Top at Open

The Microsoft Solitaire collection opens but the games do not load.

I have tried the steps to check for proxy in LAN settings and using the app troubleshooter (found these under the Windows 8, but it uploaded the troubleshooter for 10, which is what I am using.)

However, it appears stuck on the step: Reset and open Windows Store. It just keeps going, but appears to not be making progress.

I uninstalled the Microsoft Solitaire Collection a few days ago with the intent to reinstall; now when I go to try to reinstall it simply shows 'working...', but nothing appears to be happening.

Any suggestions?

DebbieinColorado, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos - Preventing Only Collections from Appearing at Top at Open

1. Microsoft Photos - Preventing Only Collections from Appearing at Top at Open - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos Preventing

2. Microsoft Photos - disable some photos appearing at the top of the program's opening page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos - disable some photos appearing at the top of the program's opening page: In Photos, some pictures from my PC are automatically displayed in a row at the top of the opening page of the program. I would like to disable this unwanted feature permanently. I do not know what to call it, and I can never figure out how it selects the pictures it chooses...
  3. Microsoft Photos - disable some photos appearing at the top of the program's opening page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos - disable some photos appearing at the top of the program's opening page: In Photos, some pictures from my PC are automatically displayed in a row at the top of the opening page of the program. I would like to disable this unwanted feature permanently. I do not know what to call it, and I can never figure out how it selects the pictures it chooses...
  4. Photos in collection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in collection: I do not want my photos to go into the collection. I want it in my folders. This pisses me off. Correct it please, as I was fine downloading my photos into the folders just prior to downloading photos these last couple of times. How do I get them into my folder?...
  5. Microsoft Defender appears to be preventing me from opening a specific programme

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender appears to be preventing me from opening a specific programme: Microsoft Defender appears to be preventing me from opening a specific programme Experiment Builder 2.9.9. Please could someone offer a suggestion as to how I can adjust the setting to allow me to run this trusted programme?...
  6. Cannot delete Photos from Collection

Cannot delete Photos from Collection: Hi all, Please help, I'm trying to delete hundreds of unwanted icon images that have somehow downloaded themselves into Windows Photo's - Collection area. They are icon images probably from Windows or Microsoft of anything really. Such as clocks, logo's, ticks & crosses,...
  7. Preventing duplicate photos appearing in OneDrive cloud storage

Preventing duplicate photos appearing in OneDrive cloud storage: Hi Folks, I've got this problem ^, duplicate photos have been appearing in my OneDrive cloud storage for a while now, often several of the same, not just one. I've done a bit of searching for how to fix this, but the simple solution here didn't work. I'd really like to stop...
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection will not open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection will not open: When I click on Microsoft Solitaire Collection, it will appear on the screen for a second, but will not open and allow me to play. Please help....
  9. Adding photos from dvd to windows photo collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding photos from dvd to windows photo collection: When I attach disk and open Windows 10 Photo app and click import I click to import a folder. Explorer file shows up and I have tried several methods but can't get it to import or if it does import by clicking each item and then click add it does not stay when I remove the...
  10. Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos: How do I stop Photos from automatically opening photos I download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-microsoft-photos-from-opening-downloaded/104e1a16-92fb-4a3e-81a0-fc5f7b361cf9