Windows 10: MICROSOFT PHOTOS PROBLEM

Discus and support MICROSOFT PHOTOS PROBLEM in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; MY WINDOWS PHOTOS IS'NT DISPLAYING HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by musa alawa muhammad, Dec 27, 2019.

1. MICROSOFT PHOTOS PROBLEM

MY WINDOWS PHOTOS IS'NT DISPLAYING HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM

:)

musa alawa muhammad, Dec 27, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Microsoft Photos

Hi Catherine,

We would like to know more information about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried opening some of the pictures to a different computer?
    • Is there any error message when you open a picture?
    • Is it only happening with photos?

We also suggest that you reset Photos application by following these steps:

• Click Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings or Gear icon.
    • Go to System.
    • Click Apps & features then click Photos.
    • Select Advanced options then Reset.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Dec 27, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

MICROSOFT PHOTOS PROBLEM

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done MICROSOFT PHOTOS PROBLEM :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

MICROSOFT PHOTOS PROBLEM

1. MICROSOFT PHOTOS PROBLEM - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT PHOTOS PROBLEM

2. Problems with the microsoft photos carousel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the microsoft photos carousel: I'm having this issue where, after I move photos to a different album, I can't access them on the photo carousel. If I open one of the photos I moved and click next it won't show me the next photo I moved, it only shows me what photos were already in the album. The carousel...
  3. Problems with the microsoft photos carousel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with the microsoft photos carousel: I'm having this issue where, after I move photos to a different album, I can't access them on the photo carousel. If I open one of the photos I moved and click next it won't show me the next photo I moved, it only shows me what photos were already in the album. The carousel...
  4. Microsoft photos problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos problem: Some jpegs open up normally, but within ~1-2 seconds, they black out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-problem/ccee40f7-8ebd-4631-9301-0e15c8ed2c77
  5. Microsoft photos problem

Microsoft photos problem: Some jpegs open up normally, but within ~1-2 seconds, they black out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-problem/ccee40f7-8ebd-4631-9301-0e15c8ed2c77
  6. Problems With Microsoft PHotos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems With Microsoft PHotos: Yesterday, after just turning my computer off, when trying to open a photo i noticed it was no longer opening with Microsoft Photos, so i went to the default apps intending to put it as the default photo viewer, but it was not in the list, [IMG] So then i went to the app...
  7. microsoft photos and store problem

microsoft photos and store problem: MY MICROSOFT PHOTOS WAS WORKING SLOWLY AND SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING AND AUTOMATICALLY REMOVED FROM THE APPS ALTHOUGH VISIBLE IN START MENU BUT NOT OPENING AND WHEN OPEN MICROSOFT STORE FOR HELP FIND THERE WAS AN INSTALL OPTION FOR PHOTOS AND WHEN I CLICK ON THE OPTION IT...
  8. Microsoft Photos problem

Microsoft Photos problem: I've been using Microsoft Photos for a little over a year now and it has always worked great for me. I import photos from my Nikon D3400 onto my Alienware 17r5. Lately when I go to import I only get to the window where I have to check which photos I am importing. It lets me...
  9. Problem with Microsoft Photos

Problem with Microsoft Photos: Microsoft Photo app stopped working as a result of corrupted Windows 10 files. I subsequently performed a Windows 10 repair install. The app still would not run. The app was then removed using powershell, but when attempting to reinstall from the App store I get an error...
  10. Problems with microsoft photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with microsoft photos: I am having continued difficulties using Microsoft Photos in my new laptop. I have a large number of early images stored on a CD . I think they were original stored in 'Picasa' I cannot get this to download and I get the message 'no images found on your USB'. Similarly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft photos for windows problems