Windows 10: Microsoft Photos refuses to save images

Discus and support Microsoft Photos refuses to save images in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any information on why on earth Microsoft Photo randomly and with increasing frequency refuses to save images both as a new image, or even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by uditoder, Feb 3, 2020.

1. uditoder Win User

Microsoft Photos refuses to save images

Is there any information on why on earth Microsoft Photo randomly and with increasing frequency refuses to save images both as a new image, or even overwriting the existing, edited image. I appreciate, it's Microsoft, and it's 'free', but it shouldn't be beyond the company to produce basic image editing software that saves the end product... Any helpful comments on how to get around that, much appreciated! My apologies if the question has been answered already, I did look a bit around here, but couldn't find anything addressing the issue. The error message is typically as clever and informative as 'Ooops, this image couldn't be saved.'

* Original title: MIcrosoft Photos

:)

uditoder, Feb 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mail App Save As Image

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download an image file.

• Enlarge the photo you want to download.
    • You will get a download option.
    • Or you can press Ctrl + S key and save.
    Or if you copy the file and want to save you can follow the steps provided below.

• Copy the file you want to download.
    • Goto Start page.
    • Type Paint.
    • Open Paint application.
    • Press Ctrl + V key.
    • And save the image file.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Microsoft PHOTOS - Saving Enhanced photos

Hi Amar,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when trying to save the enhanced photos?
    • Does this happen with all image file format?
    • From which location are you accessing the files?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows app by clicking this
    link.

Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Microsoft Photos refuses to save images

Images not saving in Windows Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• How did you tried saving the photos?

• What is the status when you try to save the photos? Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to run an app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run App Troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to go through the below article and check if it helps.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Photos refuses to save images

1. Microsoft Photos refuses to save images - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos refuses

2. Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing: This is a simple nitpick I had before there was an update that changed the program. Before the update, when I was finished with editing a photo, it saved automatically with a new file without overwriting the original file. For example, a file was be named "anonymous.jpg" and...
  3. Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing: This is a simple nitpick I had before there was an update that changed the program. Before the update, when I was finished with editing a photo, it saved automatically with a new file without overwriting the original file. For example, a file was be named "anonymous.jpg" and...
  4. Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.: For a couple of hours, I have been editing images. I saved one, then opened another, cropped it and now I cannot save it. I close down the Photos app and re-open it - same issue. I try opening an image I just edited and saved - I can no longer save changes to it.Look for...
  5. Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.

Microsoft Photos app stopped saving edited images.: For a couple of hours, I have been editing images. I saved one, then opened another, cropped it and now I cannot save it. I close down the Photos app and re-open it - same issue. I try opening an image I just edited and saved - I can no longer save changes to it.Look for...
  6. Microsoft Photo's will not save the photo after cropping.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo's will not save the photo after cropping.: After cropping a photo it will not let me save the cropped photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-will-not-save-the-photo-after/b9fc3849-7720-4e16-9801-16532ae0db49
  7. Can't save photo or image file with Paint.

Can't save photo or image file with Paint.: Good day. I recently added new jpg image files on my computer. I edited afterwards, when I try to save it, it gives me this Error: "Paint cannot save this file. Save was interrupted, so your file has not been saved". What can be the cause of this? Kind regards...
  8. Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program

Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program: For ages I have been using Microsoft Photos but have suddenly encountered a problem. When working on a photo I am given the option 'Save a Copy' Previously this takes me to a page where I have to find the actual folder for the pictures I'm working on and then I'm given a slot...
  9. EM Client - "save image as" - Not saving photos attached to emails

in Browsers and Email
    EM Client - "save image as" - Not saving photos attached to emails: I am trying out EM Client since I have about a dozen email addresses to check and respond to. I have a problem saving images attached and imbedded in emails. When I right click on the photo for options and pick "save image as" the dialog box vanishes and nothing happens....
  10. Microsoft Photos is not saving edits

Microsoft Photos is not saving edits: In photos if I make a crop that saves fine and opens in other programs and uploads online as cropped BUT color and exposure changes do not. It acts like it's saving but when opened in another program or uploaded it looks like nothing was done. When reopened in photos it shows...