Windows 10: Microsoft Photos ruins my photos

Discus and support Microsoft Photos ruins my photos in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I get Microsoft Photos to stop ruining my photos with auto enhancement? I used to be able to disable this so-called feature. No longer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by marypop, Jan 24, 2022.

1. marypop Win User

Microsoft Photos ruins my photos

How do I get Microsoft Photos to stop ruining my photos with auto enhancement? I used to be able to disable this so-called feature. No longer.

:)

marypop, Jan 24, 2022
  2. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Microsoft Photos ruins my photos 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Jan 24, 2022
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photos ruins my photos - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos ruins

2. Microsoft Photos - Straighten Photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos - Straighten Photo: With the new software, how do you straighten photos. The old version allowed me to straighten the photos under the crop menu. Now that option is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-straighten-photo/61bff90a-0c15-4d57-97c3-115fae95d968
  3. Microsoft Photos - Straighten Photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos - Straighten Photo: With the new software, how do you straighten photos. The old version allowed me to straighten the photos under the crop menu. Now that option is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-straighten-photo/61bff90a-0c15-4d57-97c3-115fae95d968
  4. Microsoft Photos - Straighten Photo

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos: Hi,I am unable to open the Microsoft Photos app and therefore can't open any jpeg files. I have tried all sorts to restore the app but am unable to uninstall and reinstall the app. Please could someone advise me how to reinstate?Thanks...
  6. Microsoft Photos ruins my photos

Microsoft Photos ruins my photos: How do I get Microsoft Photos to stop ruining my photos with auto enhancement? I used to be able to disable this so-called feature. No longer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-ruins-my-photos/2e0d2a79-53af-41b7-9dc2-711bb1d9c16c
  7. Microsoft Photo Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo Missing Photos: My Microsoft Photo has randomly missing photos approximately 1/3. In there place is a grey box with what looks like a cloud in one corner, I did nothing that I know of to move these photos. How do I restore them to the photo site? Thanks for any help....
  8. Microsoft Photo App is not uploading my photos correctly

Microsoft Photo App is not uploading my photos correctly: Hi, I have tried to restart and repair and there is no change. It will find my pictures but uploads them with part of the pics grayed out. Additonally they no longer appear in the photo folder by date. I have tried to uninstall but that option is grayed out when I go...
  9. Microsoft Photos modifying photos

Microsoft Photos modifying photos: Hi all, A couple days ago, I took some screenshots for my assignment and saved them onto my OneDrive which is mapped to my File Explorer. When I opened them up yesterday, something happened. I've attached the photos below, but it looks like it repeated the upper part of...
  10. Submitting photos to Microsoft / sending my own photos to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Submitting photos to Microsoft / sending my own photos to Microsoft: Hello! Does anybody know where I can send photos to Microsoft to notice my shots? I would like to share my photos, as other photographers also do, who are displayed with their work on the windows screensaver (edit: I actually meant the lockscreen, I think they call it the...