Windows 10: Microsoft Photos seems to have stopped indexing new People matches - Why?

Discus and support Microsoft Photos seems to have stopped indexing new People matches - Why? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Earlier this year I started using Microsoft Photos and it happily did the indexing and allowed me to merge some people indexes where it wasn't sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BillCharters, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos seems to have stopped indexing new People matches - Why?

Earlier this year I started using Microsoft Photos and it happily did the indexing and allowed me to merge some people indexes where it wasn't sure that the photo was of the same person. That was in about February 2019. Since then, I have taken many photos and put them in the same OneDrive folder, which is fully synced to my local computer and the new pictures show up in Collection immediately every-time I add new photos, but, under the People tab, it hasn't incremented any counters of photos for people, or added new people to my list of People since February. And, I confirmed this is the case by opening the People records for the top 4 or 5 most frequently occurring people, including myself, and no new pictures have been added to the People since February.

I've tried opening Photos and leaving it open overnight (more than 24 hours) and for several long periods of time to see if that might trigger new indexing, but it doesn't add the new entries. I don't see anyplace to trigger the indexing algorithm to pickup where it left off.

Is there something wrong with Photos People indexing after it does the initial indexing?

And/or, is there a way to get it to restart indexing where it last left off?

:)

BillCharters, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Jon Doe Win User
    Not indexing (searching) truecrypt volume

I can't get windows 10 to search mounted truecrypt volumes, ie, type part of the file name into the "search windows" box and it doesn't bring up a "best match", I just get "no results found".
    I have added the volumes to indexing locations in the indexing options (eg local disk W) and it appears to be indexing it. They are listed in the "included locations" and after a few minutes indexed items goes up from 3,000 to 10,000 but the search box doesn't find any of the files.
    I have tried restarting the services
    net stop wmpnetworksvc
    net stop WSearch
    net start Wsearch
    net start wmpnetworksvc
    And also "rebuild index" but it still doesn't function.

Any suggestions?

Jon Doe, Jun 14, 2019
  4. robinpe Win User

Microsoft Photos seems to have stopped indexing new People matches - Why?

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Photos seems to have stopped indexing new People matches - Why?

1. Microsoft Photos seems to have stopped indexing new People matches - Why? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos seems

2. Windows photos NEW Group photos by people feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photos NEW Group photos by people feature: Hello,Where can I turn on the group photos by people feature? The old photos app could do this. The NEW 2022 October version doesn't seem to have it.Nor do I find in on OneDrive online.I loved this feature, to see every pictutre of a person in my libraryWhat I mean, This was...
  3. Windows photos NEW Group photos by people feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photos NEW Group photos by people feature: Hello,Where can I turn on the group photos by people feature? The old photos app could do this. The NEW 2022 October version doesn't seem to have it.Nor do I find in on OneDrive online.I loved this feature, to see every pictutre of a person in my libraryWhat I mean, This was...
  4. Why doesn't Mail address autocomplete match People?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why doesn't Mail address autocomplete match People?: I'm assisting someone with a PC where the autocomplete suggestions when composing new messages in the Mail app don't fully match the contacts in the People app. For example, we corrected the spelling of someone's name in People but when we start typing their address in a new...
  5. Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Photos not indexing all photos: I store my photos on a NAS that I access using SMB as a mapped network drive. I have no trouble accessing the photos and looking at them by double clicking on the images using file explorer and opening them in Microsoft Photos. However, when I add all my photos to my...
  6. Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos

Windows 10 Photos not indexing new photos: Hello, I have more or less the same problem as posted on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-seems-to-have-stopped-indexing/c50cd30d-f8ce-49cb-8bc1-7b6ede55cde2 thread, and it was closed without any proper solution, which I think is...
  7. Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?: Maybe there is a Command-line command for that? Each day i upload to my hdd a lot of renovation & work projects photos. More than 70000 total...
  8. Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?

Is there a way to stop Photos from indexing photos?: Maybe there is a Command-line command for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-stop-photos-from-indexing-photos/17c37ba3-6f13-4a4b-8bcb-6374967cc93b
  9. New settings for People in Photo

New settings for People in Photo: When I try to open Photo I get a message "enabled new settings for people". Supposedly I can decline or accept. However when I click "decline" Photos will not open. The same message repeats. It appears that "decline" is not an option. Is there a fix for this problem?...
  10. Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working: This app worked perfectly well up to some unknown moment. Now it cannot detect people and images. I use Photos version: 2019.19031.17710.0 and Windows 10, version 1809...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. people photo not indexing

2. microsoft photos people not indexing