Windows 10: Microsoft Photos takes 15 minutes to open when I double click even small .jpg files

Discus and support Microsoft Photos takes 15 minutes to open when I double click even small .jpg files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Have tried repairing then resetting the app, through settings, reinstalling through powershell. Still wicked slow. Windows Explorer just displays the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anomalousBits, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photos takes 15 minutes to open when I double click even small .jpg files

Have tried repairing then resetting the app, through settings, reinstalling through powershell. Still wicked slow. Windows Explorer just displays the circle mouse pointer for the whole time.

Edit: sfc reports no file problems. Maybe this started after upgrading to 1909?

submitted by /u/anomalousBits
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anomalousBits, Nov 15, 2019
  2. VEE
    vee Win User

Windows 10 Photo app open double window

I have exactly same problem.
    To reproduce bug.
    1. open folder that contain .jpg photo
    2. double click or click on that photo and press enter on keyboard to make sure you open once
    3. windows 10 open collection window with photo viewer window.
    If step 3 is not occur, you may need to restart pc/log out and re log in/turn off and turn on pc. This problem does not happen everytime.

3. Windows 10 Photo app open double window

Excatly.

Thermaltake, Nov 15, 2019
  4. LemP Win User

Microsoft Photos takes 15 minutes to open when I double click even small .jpg files

Windows Photo Viewer Can't open this picture because you don't have the correct permissions to access the file location

Do you have Windows Home, Pro, or Ultimate?

To step back for a minute, is the problem with Windows Photo Viewer or with access to the files? That is, what happens when you try to perform some file operation or open the file with an application other than Windows Photo Viewer?

Please report what happens when you do the following:

A. Rename the file

B. Move the file to your Desktop

C. Open the file with Notepad

1. Open Notepad (click Start, type Notepad in the Search box, and press Enter)
    2. Navigate to an image file of your choice (as long as it's relatively small -- say less than 5 MB)
    3. Left click on the image file, drag onto the open Notepad window and release the mouse button.

Thema:

Microsoft Photos takes 15 minutes to open when I double click even small .jpg files

1. Microsoft Photos takes 15 minutes to open when I double click even small .jpg files - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos takes

2. In MICROSOFT PHOTOS app i CANNOT DOUBLE CLICK and open photos in the DCIM folder in my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In MICROSOFT PHOTOS app i CANNOT DOUBLE CLICK and open photos in the DCIM folder in my...: When i use MICROSOFT PHOTOS app in Windows 11, i DOUBLE CLICK a "jpg" file and it opens in a new window where i can scroll through all my "jpg" files in that same folder. But i CANNOT do the same with "jpg" files located in the DCIM folder in my Samsung mobile, it just loads...
  3. In MICROSOFT PHOTOS app i CANNOT DOUBLE CLICK and open photos in the DCIM folder in my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In MICROSOFT PHOTOS app i CANNOT DOUBLE CLICK and open photos in the DCIM folder in my...: When i use MICROSOFT PHOTOS app in Windows 11, i DOUBLE CLICK a "jpg" file and it opens in a new window where i can scroll through all my "jpg" files in that same folder. But i CANNOT do the same with "jpg" files located in the DCIM folder in my Samsung mobile, it just loads...
  4. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  5. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  6. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Using double-click to open files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using double-click to open files: Recently, I can no longer use double-click to open files either from desktop icons or within sub-files. I have to left click to select, then right-click, then move cursor to "open, then left-click open. This is a great degradation in performance. Will this be reversed or...
  8. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  9. Why does windows take 10-15 seconds to open a .jpg file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does windows take 10-15 seconds to open a .jpg file?: This is one of my most frustrating tasks on Windows 10. After taking screen shots and clicking on the jpeg. it takes 10-15 seconds to show the image in ANY viewer. The file used for this is like 49k in size. Paint. Photo, you name it. On a macbook it is like 1 second. Why...
  10. When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful. How...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I double click on a .jpg file to open it, I always get a warning to be careful. How...: It's a big time waster. I see someone asked this same question about Windows Vista. I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-double-click-on-a-jpg-file-to-open-it-i/63788f4c-4d46-41bb-a3de-75b14f7045b0"